Melodic Death Metal/Deathcore song! (Legion, Pod Farm)

IHHguitar

Jul 4, 2010
Chicago,IL
This is a pre-production track that my band just recorded

"Obelisk The Tormentor" Mix 01:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9233272/Obelisk The Tormentor-Master 01.mp3

Guitars:
Ibanez Rga121 with stock pickups
Pod Farm gate and boost
LePou's Legion
Redwirez Mesa V30 IR

Bass:
Ibanez Btb700dx
My bass patch using the Motor City Line 6 amp model

Drums:
Stock Avatar kit with a splash and china from Metal Foundry

Vocals:
Shure SM7b
Presonus TubePre

Comments and critiques are always welcome :)

Sounds good; but the kick seems to be a bit too clicky. At least it sounds weird on my headphones.

The kick is indeed clicky but it actually sounds good imo. Snare sounds fine If youre happy with the mix i'd say leave it the way it is it honestly sounds really good, a lot better than what ive heard on this forum. But then again i am listening to this mix thru my headphones and not my monitors. processing information would be great, i have avatar as well i dont believe ive ever had it sound that good, details plz

Thanks, guys!

So the general consensus would be that the sample choices are the source of the clicky-ness? Or could it be that I've scooped out too much in the mid range of the kick and snare?

Processing wise, is there anything in particular you would want to know about, XxSicRokerxX? I didn't really do anything too drastic to Avatar as the kit sounds pretty good naturally. It was mostly just subtle eq and compression to tame anything that stuck out, or didn't fit as far as a metal kit goes.

try an eq sweep along the high end and scoop where the click is most prominent. probably around 4k, as that is where i tend to find clickiness often.