Melodic hardcore band I just recorded (POD Farm, SSD)

thanks guys!

Diamond plate POD. :p

i have a newer version with a better master imo.
you can hear the drums and vox better as well.

but i cant figure out what to do about the clipping :/

ill post it up in a bit

You've absolutely nailed the guitar tone for this genre, it's nice to hear Pod Farm on something other than Sturgiscore. Any info on the guitar signal chain and post processing/eq?

Also, seconded on the clipping. :erk: The only place its terribly noticeable is the intro, but its scattered throughout.

Great job, can't wait to hear it with the updated mastering.

updated version, https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3319101/Structures Song 1.5.mp3

I was trying to get the clipping under better control and wasnt trying to mess with loudness too much.
is the clipping better?

and what do you guys recommend about raising the volume without having the clipping going crazy?

sorry im a mastering noob, and no matter how much i read up on it i just cant seem to get it right. i guess im more of a trial and error kind of guy

What clipper/limiter/compressor are you using? and have you checked out Event Horizon? It's by Stillwell, so it's pretty cheap, but really smooth sounding.

Guitars are fine for that type, You have to bring up drums and even higher the bass. I don't really like kick and snare. In my opinion you should use (or blend) a fuller kick (not so clicky) and a less cracky snare,boosting some 200hz.

yea, if it were up to me i would change the snare and kick samples completely. but the drummer wanted a clicky kick and a piccolo sounding snare. he wanted even more crack than what i gave him but he settled with that one.

I'd beef up all the drum samples, they sound very plasticy-to me. You can still add a little meat to the kick and keep the click, but even the toms seem a bit too "fake/replaced" to me.

Other than that though, I'm digging the levels on everything else.

God, i love bands like this. :)

Are these real drums and DI'ed guitars and bass?

If so, would you mind me having a go at mixing this?