Melodic Rock Fest 3

Justin G

Jul 28, 2007
Northern VA
www.facebook.com
They just announced the dates, lineup and (yikes) prices for Melodic Rock Fest 3. I was going to hit Firefest in October, but now I don't need to.

http://www.melodicrockfest.com/

Here's the lineup:

Friday (all acoustic, except for Bonrud)

Eric Martin
Glen Burtnik
Robert Tepper
Gary Schutt
The Radio Sun
Bonrud

Saturday

Harem Scarem
W.E.T.
Mecca
Adriangale
Tango Down
Brett Walker
Newman
7th Heaven
Evolution Eden
The Radio Sun

Sunday

Steve Augeri
Ted Poley
House of Lords
Eclipse
Bombay Black
Coldspell
No Love Lost
Crossing Rubicon
InnerSiege
Loveblast

Hmm, Innersiege kinda stands out there, aren't they a metal band? Seems kinda weird for them to be in Chicago in September. It'll be a cool changeup though.

Love the headliners, but I really think Andrew overstocked the lineup. How much time will these bands get with 9 playing each day/night? Won't that mean like 5 hours of changeover time each night?

W.E.T., House of Lords AND Eclipse.....gonna need to think about this...

I'm gonna be in the country in Sept and am considering going to this. Plus my friend Steve from Black Majesty is in a new melodic rock band The Radio Sun who are playing the fest, so I'd like to be there to support the Aussies.

Anyone from here going?

This is a very new venue.
Blue Oyster Cult played there a couple weeks back, but unfortunately I was not able to make it.

i can honestly say I have only even heard of a couple of these bands as this is not my scene at all.

THough if 7th Heaven is playing I can guess their management has something to do with this fest.

For a small club, that's one of the nicest I have seen in those pics he posted. If it were any other month than September, I'd be there too.

I'm working on getting to your fest too. Timing and a wedding I must attend in Arizona are the only slight kinks. The dates don't exactly clash, so here's hoping.

Yes he is, and I don't know. They're a great melodic rock band.

I was a VERY late bloomer when it comes to Guardian, but Rowe has a phenominal rock voice! IMO, he's everything you'd want to hear from your lead singer if you had a hard rock band.

AdrianGale are one of the best there is...IMO. Jamie and Vic are way cool guys too...

Guys, where's the best place to start exploring their stuff?

~Brian~

I was a VERY late bloomer when it comes to Guardian, but Rowe has a phenominal rock voice! IMO, he's everything you'd want to hear from your lead singer if you had a hard rock band.

Guys, where's the best place to start exploring their stuff?

~Brian~

They're all good. Honestly you could pick one at random. And I didn't discover Guardian till a few years back either. Fantastic stuff.