Melodic Rock

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
So I've been listening to nothing but AOR stuff lately... and thought I'd recommend a few songs for you guys to download and check out if you're interested. If you don't mind your rock on the lighter side with fuckloads of "nice" sounding keyboards and huge vocal harmonies and awesome choruses and great production/musicianship and awesome vocalists, then I highly recommend some of this stuff! I know Spiffy likes this kinda stuff and would dig it all and prob knows alot of it, and I reckon Spawny would love it too.

I wouldn't recommend DravenMist checking any out :D

So if you can find them, download these:

Crown Of Thorns - Dyin' For Love
Treat - Won't Be Cryin'
Signal - You Won't See My Cry
Joe Lynn Turner - Endlessly
Harem Scarem - With A Little Love
Talisman - I'll Be Waiting (Jeff Scott Soto kicks anus!)
Gunshy - Last Chance
FM - Can You Hear Me Calling?
Unruly Child - On The Rise
Tyketto - Forever Young
Mark Free - Someday You'll Come Running
Black Roses (yep from the movie) - Paradise
Fair Warning - Heart On The Run
Bad Habit - Rowena
Journey - Signs Of Life

Enjoy :headbang:

Oh by the way, interesting story. Apparently the band "The Crown" was originally called Crown Of Thorns, but the AOR band Crown Of Thorns was already called that so they had to change their name! It almost went to court too I think but Gene Simmons was managing Crown Of Thorns at the time if I'm not mistaken, so giving up the name might have been a good idea haha!

Coz Styx aren't as good as those bands :) That's basically just a list of some of my favourite songs that I thought I'd share with you lovely people.

:)

Troops, you NEED to check out Once And Future King Part One by Gary Hughes! :worship:

Also the Bob Catley album When Empires Burn :headbang:

Prog is boring but AOR is catchy so its not boring :)

Are you sure about The Crown? I didn't know they'd been going for that long!

Hammerfall is shit, i was listening to one of their albums, the one they released last year, and its sooooooooooooooooo bad, the lyrics are shit, AND I NEVER PAY ATENTION TO THE LYRICS!!!! i was expecting great Manowar like riffs, but i was let down, LETTTTTTTTT DOWWWWNnnnnnNNNnnNNnNnNnNNnnnnNNNNNNN! :mad:

I'm going to give those a try, even though I've never liked Mark Boals.

is Harry Hess and Brian Howe technically AOR? Its a blend of rock, adult pop etc Good stuff