Melodyne issue

AStacy2

May 19, 2006
Ohio
I tracked a band today and the vocalist needed a few pitch corrections on parts of the track. 3 of the vocal tracks open fine in Melodyne and I was able to correct them. 2 of the tracks stop loading at like 90% and then the program crashes. I have no idea what could be causing this but I need to have these tracks corrected pretty quickly.

Has something similar ever happened to anyone else? Everything about the files should be exactly the same, they were all recorded on the same mic/preamp/ect... in the same session and everything. Any ideas? Thanks!

what daw are you using, what os?

might be able to help if you gimmie some more details

Sonar6PE, WinXP

I use Melodyne as stand alone only. Weird thing is, the files come up and play if you use the Melodyne Manager and I go to the directory the wav's are in. But as soon as I try to open the 2 tracks, it goes to like 95% and crashes. Everything else opens fine.

I tried an older version of Melodyne on my other computer and it opened the files fine. Too bad that version of Melodyne sucks compared to the new one and I feel like I can't do a good enough job with it. What could be the problem here??? I even tried re-installing Melodyne as well.

First off: It's probably because it's WinXP and not a Mac. JK :lol:

Joking aside, are the two tracks you are trying to open and make Melodyne crash bigger/longer files than the other ones that work fine?

~e.a

They are actually both ~5seconds shorter than the two verse vocals and ending part that I was able to correct.

I think I might just have to have the singer re-track them if I can't figure it out in the next few days because I gotta have this stuff mixed for the band soon. Ah well...nothing like re-tracking shit for free on my day off. I love Melodyne too, such a great program!

I e-mailed the company Friday but no response yet.

try and make sure the files are the same size.

consolidate them to the same length (or whatever the sonar equivelent is)
import them, and to keep errors down and to help the timing ; put in the tempo.

how come your not using it via melodyne bridge to check against the song?

Never could figure out what the problem was, never get an answer from the company either. Re-tracked the vocals another day and lost about $200 but at least now Melodyne is opening the files.