Melodyne vs Auto Tune 7

I use melodyne studio for natural sounding pitch correction. Autotune gets the effect type stuff done(core singers and T payne). Melodyne is very powerful but you really need to correct the detection especially if it is an aggressive singer. Once the detection is in place, its great. I never had a glitchy part I could not fix and make perfect with melodyne, just some working of the detection and processing.

But, you should have both.

It can get very natural correction in graphical mode as long as the singer is close. Most of the time there are notes that are a little out of autotunes reach for natural sounds. I find melodyne can do more extreme processing without getting as effect ish.

It can get very natural correction in graphical mode as long as the singer is close. Most of the time there are notes that are a little out of autotunes reach for natural sounds. I find melodyne can do more extreme processing without getting as effect ish.

I agree with the whole melodyne working better on extreme cases, like being off by 3 semitones or more. But the bottom line is to get it super close at the recording stage and then use autotune to fix it (in graphical)