auto tune, or melodyne

hmmm... I would prefer to have it work like a plug in rather than having import and export and all that crap.

with guitars, I would def. only tune the di`s. but tuning isnt usually a problem for guitars. it would be useful for quantizing guitar chugs to the bass drum though!

only way to tell is to try it for myself

hmmm... I would prefer to have it work like a plug in rather than having import and export and all that crap.

It's basically no different, even in plugin mode you have to "import" the audio into it to be tuned and then you have to render the file afterwards and reimport it into your DAW. Same process with Autotune, Waves Tune, and Melodyne I'm afraid if you are tuning manually. Melodyne is by far the most intuitive though as far as handling the manual editing goes.

Elastic pitch is dumb. Nothing remotely as useful as Melodyne or Autotune as far as I can tell. Seems like it just let's you adjust the pitch of regions up and down? I'm not sure.

You can't really tune distorted guitars after the fact period. Certainly not with Melodyne.

It's basically no different, even in plugin mode you have to "import" the audio into it to be tuned and then you have to render the file afterwards and reimport it into your DAW. Same process with Autotune, Waves Tune, and Melodyne I'm afraid if you are tuning manually. Melodyne is by far the most intuitive though as far as handling the manual editing goes.

okay, i get it now. thanks man!

I`m selling my mbox2 pro today (good ol kijiji) so im gonna pick up melodyne uno! thats what is available in my local music store, and as long as no one sees any substantial reason that antares is better, I`ll be going with that!

I personally love Melodyne.

It's great as a creative tool aswell IMO.
I used to make a lot of vocal harmonies with it, or change melodies after I'd recorded them (because I record stuff as I write it, so being able to change it afterwards. It's almost like vocal re-amping :D)