Melodyne Tutorial

sgt.pepper

Jan 28, 2009
Hi,

I'm searching for a good melodyne tutorial. Could anyone recommend me a good one? Or does someone would be so kind to write down his vocal tuning workflow with melodyne?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers.

I know that there are lots of 'tutorials' on youtube. But which one of them would you recommend me? Because I'm looking for some good, professional advices and don't want to see a dude playing around with some knobs on his cracked version.

Just sort through those youtube vids dude...you can pull bits and pieces from each one of the vids and tailor it to fit your needs

I know that there are lots of 'tutorials' on youtube. But which one of them would you recommend me? Because I'm looking for some good, professional advices and don't want to see a dude playing around with some knobs on his cracked version.

:rolleyes: Really?

I don't even have Melodyne ... but I bet I could run it after checking out about 3 or 4 RANDOM youtube "tutorials"

Have you even checked out any of them or do you want us to watch them for you?

Hi,

I'm searching for a good melodyne tutorial. Could anyone recommend me a good one? Or does someone would be so kind to write down his vocal tuning workflow with melodyne?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers.

1. Record the vocal track into Melodyne, either the whole track if I want to correct the whole thing or just certain phrases if most of the song is good

2. Make sure you're in Melodic mode

3. Click correct pitch to pull every note to the closest note on the grid

4. Go in and fix any problem areas, sometimes notes aren't separated correctly and you have to do it by hand, sometime the pitch is so off it doesn't pull the note to the correct pitch and you have to put it where you want by hand

That's basically it. It's not difficult to use. You can also use it for time correction. Just play around with it for 5-10 mins and you should get the hang of it.