Vocal Recording and Editing

EachHit

ScytheBeast
Dec 21, 2013
Germany
Hi,

I am looking for some production tips on Vocal Recording/Editing.

So far I was just always tracking One Vocaltrack. Sometimes I recorded a second one with another Pitch to make the Vocals fuller but without some editing it didn't quite work out.

Now I am thinking to purchase a plugin which helps me to get 2 or more Vocals layered on top of each other.
I tried VocAlign from SynchroArts and it did quiete a good job. I also tried the Melodyne Editor which is good for Pitch Correction.

I was thinking about purchasing either the ReVoicePro from SynchroArts or the Melodyne StudioBundle.
But I am not sure which one would work out for me.
Is one of them enough or do I need to have both to be able to edit really good vocal Tracks.

Heavy Greetz

ReVoice is awesome, i'd definitively go with that, it also has pitch correction built in!

working with melodyne can be BIGTIME PAIN IN THE ASS,
i prefer the cubase built in vari audio as it's integrated into the DAW.

ReVoice is awesome, i'd definitively go with that, it also has pitch correction built in!

I thin I will try Revoice out. They offer a TryOut but I have to contact them. VocAlign was pretty good but Revoice isn't much more expensive and has a bit more flexibility I think.

As you are also from Germany. Do you have any Tips what Plugins should be on board for a Recording?
I'm on Pro Tools and I don't know if the Pitch Correction built in will work when I need it.

Heavy Greetz

Cubase's intergrated pitch correcting is certainly more convenient but it's nowhere near the quality or flexibility of melodyne. It's more suited for pre-production stuff.

For me melodyne is an indispensable tool when it comes to vocal editing.

Cubase's intergrated pitch correcting is certainly more convenient but it's nowhere near the quality or flexibility of melodyne. It's more suited for pre-production stuff.

For me melodyne is an indispensable tool when it comes to vocal editing.

Do you use the Studio Version or do you come along with the Editor? I tried the Editor Demo but is was a bit of a pain to align 2 or more tracks.
I saw a Video from the Studio Version and that was pretty amazing how easy it was.

Heavy Greetz

Do you use the Studio Version or do you come along with the Editor? I tried the Editor Demo but is was a bit of a pain to align 2 or more tracks.
I saw a Video from the Studio Version and that was pretty amazing how easy it was.

Heavy Greetz

I use the standalone version.

Yeah, if you intend to use it mainly to align vocal tracks then maybe you're better off with a program like vocalign or revoice. I use melodyne for more in-depth editing and pitch correcting of single vocal tracks.

i am just trying out the Demo Version from Revoice Pro and I must say I really like it for using on tightening real recorded doubles and Harmonies. It's really quick and fast.

Also tried out to create some doubles from a single recorded Track but that doesn't sound so good in my ears. Just sounds like a delay and not like a really second Vocaltake.

I am not sure if just Vocalign would be enough for me.

Maybe someone with experinece with the Program can help me out what is possible and what won't work out.

Heavy Greetz