Vocal Editing - Elastic Audio, Slip Editing or VocAlign?

Okay, so you guys that slip vocals, how do you do it without getting crazy artifacts? Half my time doing it just now was battling weird edit glitches. Also, how do you get this process not to suck in ProTools, since you can't actually slip edit properly?

I thought I would stick with X-form for vocal timing, but it does some weird weird weird stuff, man. It literally changes the tonality of the entire vocal, somehow makes it more robotic. You can even see it drastically change the waveform, even on the stuff that hasn't been shifted. It really doesn't sit well with me.

Also, does AutoTune suck for tuning bass guitar or what? I just tried it, and it refused to both print to track via Audio Suite AND print in real-time via the mixer without glitches. Don't understand at all. Is Melodyne still the only way to tune bass?

Okay, so you guys that slip vocals, how do you do it without getting crazy artifacts? Half my time doing it just now was battling weird edit glitches. Also, how do you get this process not to suck in ProTools, since you can't actually slip edit properly?

I thought I would stick with X-form for vocal timing, but it does some weird weird weird stuff, man. It literally changes the tonality of the entire vocal, somehow makes it more robotic. You can even see it drastically change the waveform, even on the stuff that hasn't been shifted. It really doesn't sit well with me.

Also, does AutoTune suck for tuning bass guitar or what? I just tried it, and it refused to both print to track via Audio Suite AND print in real-time via the mixer without glitches. Don't understand at all. Is Melodyne still the only way to tune bass?

with bass you gotta, while tracking, make sure its as close as possible tuning wise - even if it takes stopping and tuning for certain notes, etc... and then autotune on auto mode, 0 retune speed gets it the rest of the way there.