Mercenary- 11 Dreams

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Outstanding!

The band took every great aspect of "Everblack" and took it to another level with this disc. The trademark riffing is back and is strong as ever. The vocals are godly (or ungodly if you prefer) this time out as they alternate between brutal, clean, and one hell of a layered harmony. I also love the keys this time out as they not only blend for atmosphere, but stand out in some of the beautifully dark passages. Production is booming courtesy of Jacob H. (Raunchy was his lastest I believe).

What takes the band to the next level is what most bands have forgotten about lately: a catchy as hell hook. The songwriting has matured to the point that you can feel the band taking it to the next level. There are no fillers on this disc.

With a proper push and the right tour, these guys should go over huge. It's out soon in Europe and scheduled for a U.S. release in early 2005.

Glenn H.

I'm very curious to hear the new CD. "Everblack" had some real strong moments on it, but to my ear, they were a little to few and a little too far in between. With bands who hit you in that way, it's hard to predict which way they'll go on their next CD. I'm excited by your take on it, and looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Zod

Without tooting my own horn too much, ProgPower USA has become a very influential show here in the States in terms of record sales and artist buzz. Thus, I am very good friends with the majority of the labels in the States. They take care of me.

Glenn H.

Great review, Glenn! That's exactly what I was hoping for with the new album...

Anybody have any concrete info on the Euro and US release dates?

Rock on!

Hey there and thanx for the interest & the great review from the almighty Harvester :headbang: .
The European release date is set to August 23 rd 2004. No news on the US release yet but you should be able to order the CD from amazon.com or directly from our web site at www.mercenary.dk

Kind regards.
Mikkel Sandager / Vox Mercenary

Harvester said:
Without tooting my own horn too much, ProgPower USA has become a very influential show here in the States in terms of record sales and artist buzz. Thus, I am very good friends with the majority of the labels in the States. They take care of me.

Glenn H.

Cool! Mind if I slip you a CD or two?
;)

Fuckin' A!...

Every time I manage to get over it...someone bumps this thread...I absolutely cannot wait to check this album out. I could have sworn I saw a release date somewhere for 09/27...

Gonna have to be on the look-out for who's stocking it first or offering it for pre-order.

Rock on!

Layered harmony vocals? I'm very interested to here that. Mercenary are one of the most exciting bands in metal today. "Everblack" is already a classic.