Mercenary- 11 Dreams

High Speed Kurt said:
Nice job Michael Moore, you tied the new mercenary cd to Bush. It isnt the first time you tied 2 completely unrelated things together to make Bush look bad....
Nahhhhhh Georgy Bush doesn't need anyone to help make him look bad, he does more than well enough on his own. Nice tears he shed at the GOB Conv, yeahhhhhhhhhhhh real nice!!!

To keep this thread related , 9 days to go till Atlanta wooooot!!!

Bear

High Speed Kurt said:
Nice job Michael Moore, you tied the new mercenary cd to Bush. It isnt the first time you tied 2 completely unrelated things together to make Bush look bad....

Kurt,

So you don't even have the CD (and haven't read the lyrics) and you don't think it has anything to do with 9/11? Do you know that the second track on the CD is titled, "World Hate Center"?

George Bush is running on the leadership and security he provided after 9/11. The whole first night of the RNC was dedicated to 9/11 as well as many campaign ads. George Bush had nothing to do with the events on 9/11, however he's been instrumental in shaping world events in the wake of 9/11 (both good and bad). So, in that way, the subject matter of "11 Dreams" conjures up the post 9/11 world and the role all world leaders have had in it.

As far as for the clusterf*** known as "Operation Iraqi Freedom", George Bush had everything to do with that. It's a mess and that's a fact. Bush is responsible for it's failures as well as it's successes. For the sake of the the lives lost (on both sides) and the hundreds of billions of USA dollars spent on Bush's decision to invade Iraq, I hope Bush's vision of a more stable Middle East can be realized.

I don't care for Bush and I don't care for Kerry either. This election is going to be the lesser of two evils IMO.

Michael "The Fiddler" Moore.

OK...anyway...moving on!

Evidently, Glenn's post that led me immediatly to Laser's Edge to snatch up the new album must have spurred others as well....it is indeed sold out currently.

Very cool for the band...sucks for the fans that are still searching for a place to buy it...

Got mine coming...just not fast enough...thanks again for the timely tip, Glenn!

Rock on!

Looked at the lasers edge too.. no luck. Still stuck without the CD. Still unhappy about that. 11 Dreams is one of the best mercenary songs I've heard. (I got the PP IV setlist from Jakob, neener). They were awesome as hell too during the signing. I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't get pictures with them, but oh well. Will do when they come back to the states. And they WILL be back, come Glenn or High Water. :D

I usually don't notice the drumming on most CDs, but it really stands out on "11 Dreams". Mike Park did a phenomenal job. Relentless adrenaline and technical precision on every minute of the disc from Mike. Kudos to the producer and mix master for jobs exceptionally well done.

Dave@BEC said:
BeyondEarCandy.com's September CD giveaway is the new Mercenary album. Be sure to enter the contest to have a chance to win it!

(Note, 11 Dreams will also be added soon to the streaming radio's playlist).

As promised the new Mercenary CD is now playing and in heavy rotation on BeyondEarCandy.com radio station. Good luck winning the CD as well this month on the site's FREE monthly giveaway. This CD is amazing!!

I hope "11 Dreams" gets some heavy rotation on the PA at ProgPower between sets. Heck, why not just play the whole CD before the the first band plays on Friday or Saturday! Dreaming, I know...

Vendors - STOCK UP ON THIS CD!!!!!!!!!

"Remeber September the day...with tears in your eyes" - Mercenary from "11 Dreams"

Metalmilita2000 said:
I think it destroys everblack.

Brent

11 Dreams rapidly worked it's way up my top 10 for this year. It currently sits at #2. What an excepetional disc.

I never gave these guys the time of day because I thought they were pretty much all death oriented. Well, the older stuff does contain a lot of death metal, but this new does not.

Actually that was a plus as I was able to consume it rather easily. I then found myself liking even the death parts.

I now actually love Everblack as well. I'll give 11 Dream the slight edge, but I think my favorite tune hails from Everblack. It's Seize The Night, and it's a killer tune.