Mercenary demos

Rorschach

Aug 31, 2001
Stockholm
www.hydrogen-net.com
I have this really shitty copy of a demo made by Mercenary.
I think it is brilliant even if the quality sucks.From late ´80´s,I belive.
Can anyone tell me more about these guys,please?Like how many demos they did and shit.I would really like to obtain a better sounding tape of their work.
I read somewhere that Sven Soderlund won some local shred comp. in S.F earlier this year.

Thanks.
R.

They only recorded one official demo, which is probably the 4 song demo that you have. Sven at one point tried out for Megadeth and I believe was in the band for a few weeks. The band did a reunion show late last year and I think there are plans for another album to come out sometime next year, probably on a European label.

One of my co-editors did an interview with Mercenary, I don't know if it will be printed in issue 11 of Snakepit, but if not email me at: SnakePitMagazine@aol.com, I'll see if it's in my archives and I'll send it to you...good stuff about the band back then and their influences.

Matt

http://www.truemetal.org/snakepit

Sven is a busy guy these days. He has a band called Multiply which is more of a nu-metal thing. Mercenary reformed with Ira Black from Heathen/Vicious Rumors and is still around and gigging in the Bay Area. They just recently opened for Thin Lizzy in San Francisco. He's also in a Mercyful Fate cover band called HAIL SATAN. Pretty damn good band and Jonathan is a dead ringer for King! Sven has some other projects going on as well which he's tight lipped about.