Merch guy at The House Of Blues

No. I was at the Amorphis gig and didnt even go to the Nevermore gig. THey were definitely sold out by the time I got to the show, and that was early.

Thanks for the compliment, its much appreciated. \m/

Okay I wasnt sure about the situation on the Amorphis leg of the tour, I guess they ran out early on that one as well.....I know that on that tour Opeth were really shocked by how well received they were and I think they didnt anticipate selling that much! And like I said, I know that on the Nevermore leg of the tour, they were having to keep placing reorders because they kept selling out. Hopefully they'll have enough sense to place a large order for merch for the full length tour. Believe me I am sure they don't want anyone to walk out empty handed....mechandise sales are a big part of keeping the band alive and well on the road.

Fortunately, I was able to buy a shirt and a hoodie when they stopped here in VA, it was one of the first stops though.

It's not the first time I've heard people complain about that guy. All the times I've been at a concert and he's working the merch, he always has an attitude.

I don't know if the guy thinks that working at a Metal show requieres a certain "attitude", "front" or "pose" ... but I think the guy should take a hint and realize that being an asshole does NOT work well with customers.

well put....the thing about all of this is- is that these shirts are not cheap and they keep going up every year. So for these morons to act the way they do is totally unacceptable.

It's not rocket science, don't act like your job is so hard and stressfull. You provide a service to us- the fans- respect that and us.

Cuz without us, you would be panhandling on some street corner for scraps!!

I was at the cleveland show, and yes, the pic provided was definitely the guy who was there. He was the rudest, most obtrusive individual I have ever come across with regards to concert merchandise. He was a total ASS to not only myself, the people who were with me, but the people who surrounded us who wanted to buy merchandise as well. We were standing in line wanting to buy yet more merchandise, and for some reason he took a dislike to us/me. There were a TON of people waiting to buy merchandise so we all waited our turn patiently. He moved VERY slowly. Almost like he didn't want to sell any of the merchandise at all. If it wouldn't have been that I adore Opeth so much, I would have turned and walked away. I guess he know this, and uses this only thing as his only source of power.

We finally made it to the table, and then he kept waiting on people, going back and forth across the table of patrons, but would stop short of us and sell to the others, but would not sell to us. He waited until ALL of the other patrons had left the table until he would sell to us, even though we had been there far sooner than any of the other, and ONLY after one of us mentioned to him that he had skipped us over and over for the last 20 min and wanted to know why. He was very rude to one lady there and almost made her cry. But she got her merchandise, and after all that, she called him an asshole, to which the others left remaining roared with laughter.

This guy, if I EVER see him again, the T-SHIRT NAZI, I will spit in his face, or spill my beer on him. He was a goddamm merchandise premadonna, and probably deserves the only job that he can probably get or do. Best of luck to you asshole! It was a great concert, but THIS asshole totaly tainted the experience. I surely hope that Opeth knows about this.

Peace,
IS

p.s. valgalder no they were not sold out of t-s and hoodies at the END of the concert at cleveland. I was there. There was a TON of merch left there to be purchased. The guy just did not act like he wanted to sell it. Lazy bastard. No, he was NOT a cool dude. He was a total prick to nearly everyone that I saw him come in contact with. There is no reason for this, so if this guy is your friend, I highly suggest you tell him to not come back to cleveland, because I will most assuradly be looking for him. He will not enjoy our meeting.

Peace,
IS

hahahaha, IS, that's hilarious....I can attest to that, judging by his demeanor, and he was very slow, but he wasn't particularly rude to me. But yes, very unsatisfactory.

p.s., I was in Cleveland if you haven't read all the above posts.

Originally posted by intangible_soul
p.s. valgalder no they were not sold out of t-s and hoodies at the END of the concert at cleveland. I was there. There was a TON of merch left there to be purchased. The guy just did not act like he wanted to sell it. Lazy bastard. No, he was NOT a cool dude. He was a total prick to nearly everyone that I saw him come in contact with. There is no reason for this, so if this guy is your friend, I highly suggest you tell him to not come back to cleveland, because I will most assuradly be looking for him. He will not enjoy our meeting.

Peace,
IS

I was not talking about the last show, Deliverance tour.. I was talking about when Opeth came to cleveland on the blackwater park tour with Amorphis. I guess you wern't there.

Unfortunately no, I was not there for that earlier tour. In fact, I had not yet even been introduced to them yet at that time, much to my chagrin now.

My main point here is that this asshole was there to sell merch, nothing else. His status in life with regards to concerts and his job as a T-SHIT NAZI goes no further than brining in the cash for the bands. If he is not able to, or does not like to do this, he should find another fucking job. For every dollar spent thus far at his lazy ass hands, there perhaps could have been twice as much sold if only it werent for his nastey nature. I cannot imaging a band as great as Opeth appreciating this.

Peace,
IS

Peace,
IS

Holy shit man. I'm shocked to hear this about the merch dude (Woody). I've seen him at many shows and have shot the shit with him here and there. He might act a bit distant at times but I've never known to be a total fuckhole. Maybe something happened to him lately. He might've got a royal fucking over recently (girlfriend betrayal, death in family, ect). I know that's not a validation to take it out on others but it happens.
I was at the Cleveland show during BWP as well. It was one of the first few shows in the tour w/ Amorphis and YES they were all out of EVERY Opeth item. I was quite pissed! I understand that Opeth didn't anticipate the great response they got and, from what I've heard, on this tour they had more stuff, albeit not enough in some instances. I unfortunately missed this last tour which really sucks ass big time! :mad:

Originally posted by intangible_soul
Unfortunately no, I was not there for that earlier tour. In fact, I had not yet even been introduced to them yet at that time, much to my chagrin now.

My main point here is that this asshole was there to sell merch, nothing else. His status in life with regards to concerts and his job as a T-SHIT NAZI goes no further than brining in the cash for the bands. If he is not able to, or does not like to do this, he should find another fucking job. For every dollar spent thus far at his lazy ass hands, there perhaps could have been twice as much sold if only it werent for his nastey nature. I cannot imaging a band as great as Opeth appreciating this.

Peace,
IS

Peace,
IS

He does indeed sell the merch.. but that is quite a stressful thing when you have hundreds of people that demand to have a shirt instantly. "The Merch guy" whose real name is Woody also manages many tours and bands.. he puts together the shows and at what venues, manages sales, etc. He has a lot to do than you may think.. Tours are never easy, especally for underground bands. Most bands lose out on money, or venues fail to pay what was promosed. THe band basically depends on merchandise sales to keep them alive. Opeth is not a rich band. They hardly make any money, mainly due to getting completely screwed on their contracts. yes they sell lots of albums, a lot more than most underground metal bands, but they see hardly any money from it. Their first tour, it was kind of a test phase for Opeth. They had no idea that the responce was going to be so high and stuff would sell out left and right. It is hard to judge those kinds of things and a lot of consideration goes into it all, to make sure they don't lose even more money.

Anyway, call him a T-shirt NAZI or whatever.. that is just childish. Like Kur said, he might have been stessed out.. that's what endless touring does to you, but i'm sure he has a lot more on his mind then to hand out t-shirts to everybody. Next time I see Woody around i'll have to discuess this with him, i'm sure he'll get a laugh out of being called a T-shirt nazi..

anyway, take it easy.. and enjoy the show..

hey, valgalder....even though I'm not in this discussion much, you made some good points....hopefully everyone will forgive him now. I do ;)

Even though I already said I didn't really have any problems with him myself :p