Merch. orders...

to all the dirty hippies out there, may I suggest a.....

oldcomiskyshower.jpg

Dan Swanö said:
There is no previously released Unicorn songs on the upcoming "Souldiving" album. A lot of the songs recorded were once demoed by Unicorn before the break-up but one of the reasons we broke up was that I felt the songs didn´t get the production they deserved with the current players. It wasn´t until I found Peter Damin, the sessiondrummer and Peter Edwinzon changed into the bassplayer I needed, and myself got my act together and sung properly...that I felt the songs started to sound thru the speakers like they do in my head...prepare to be blown into bits...

I hope we get a more laid-back vocal style on Souldiving than on the last Nightingale re-recording album and on "Invisible"! The aggressive vocals like on "Raincheck..." and on some of the re-recordings sounds great for Nightingale, but I don't think it'd fit with Second Sky/Unicorn!

mattcira said:
dude... you totally missed it, but I'll let it go this time. I referencing your response to hearing Fields of the Nephilim for the first time, thanks to me!

Nah, I caught it! I was jsut saying I was right when I said that!

Demilich said:
I hope we get a more laid-back vocal style on Souldiving than on the last Nightingale re-recording album and on "Invisible"! The aggressive vocals like on "Raincheck..." and on some of the re-recordings sounds great for Nightingale, but I don't think it'd fit with Second Sky/Unicorn!
Personally I think Dan should always sing a bit aggressively, as he did on the Nightfall Overture disc. His vox on the first song are godly.

The vocal style for the Second Sky album will be a little bit less aggro than the raspy stuff on TBS. I will try to sing with more power that before, but only in a way to really enhance that I really mean what I sing. Some stuff in Nightingale have been a bit weird to sing to an audience that doesn´t know about the concept like "And be the Mother you deserve..." yeah, right....but in the complex conxept of TBS it all works fine....

The Neckless Lobster said:
Who cares how Dan sings on the Second Sky album? It's gonna rule no matter WHAT! ;)

...but... what happens if Swano starts to sing like Bono... then we'll have a problem...

Dan Swanö said:
Some stuff in Nightingale have been a bit weird to sing to an audience that doesn´t know about the concept like "And be the Mother you deserve..." yeah, right....but in the complex conxept of TBS it all works fine....

hah! i've always thought that was kinda interesting and good in a way.. some of the songs seem like love/relationship things if you don't know about the concept, like the chorus to "Steal the Moon".. it's a great concept though, The Breathing Shadow, but I guess it's good to see you guys broadening your horizons. i just hope your days with story albums aren't done forever!

you´ve got a fast car....in the naaaaammmeee of love......
I think chances are that I start singing like Captain Beefheart before I join in on Bono...even though I don´t hate his style on the early stuff...but now he´s kind of 2 modes only...talking or screaming....

Dan Swanö said:
you´ve got a fast car....in the naaaaammmeee of love......

:lol:

:tickled:

Amongst other traded bootlegs, I got "Immortal?" by Arena from Unicorn, as he is happily checking out old and new Kent in exchange ( right :loco: ) I didn´t know about Arena-stuff before, so now I hear that there is some connection with Nightingale-feeling (one direction or the other). But it´s not the singing in my opinion, that´s very unique for you, I only mean musical and atmosphere-wise.

Yezz, Kent rules. Good for sad times...
Arena is amazing, I think. You put it in, listen to a few minutes and you know that you are caught in an concept album.
I still haven't got all their albums....

fireangel said:
:lol:

:tickled:

Amongst other traded bootlegs, I got "Immortal?" by Arena from Unicorn, as he is happily checking out old and new Kent in exchange ( right :loco: ) I didn´t know about Arena-stuff before, so now I hear that there is some connection with Nightingale-feeling (one direction or the other). But it´s not the singing in my opinion, that´s very unique for you, I only mean musical and atmosphere-wise.