Merchandise

][Hieronymus][

New Metal Member
Jun 20, 2005
hey there Matt and other Theocracy people
do you know when you start making some more merch.. ?
i'm dying for a shirt of you guys but they're all sold out.. i'm also dying for a glorious Theocracy patch.. i wanna make my bag shine:p and spread the Power Metal Gospel..:p serious.. Merch is not only for us to have something of your band... but it is some kind of promotion.. people will talk due to the patches and shirts and so on.. i just say this because i read many reviews by site's and there is a High dutch review site.. thinks that Theocracy is better then Rhapsody, Symphony X, and Edguy!!. serious.. he thinks the quality of your music extends to the quality of theirs.. so that's we we need to promote you.. we want to promote you... to make you big.. you need to get the place in Powermetalland you deserve.. you're the [next] best thing.. serious..

from the review site
"Met de juiste begeleiding en promotie kan deze band (nou ja, Matt Smith dan) erg groot worden, let op mijn woorden! In één woord: INDRUKWEKKEND!!!"

translation
"With the right guidance and promotion this band (well, Matt Smith) could get huge, mark my words.. in one word IMPRESIVE!!!"

Thanks for the suggestions. . . any other ideas? I was thinking stickers & bumperstickers, too. What would you like to see on the merch--logos, album cover, Matt's face :D or band photos. . . let us know! I'm looking into getting some stuff made up before ProgPower for all you fans out there!

Sue

athensbum said:
Thanks for the suggestions. . . any other ideas? I was thinking stickers & bumperstickers, too. What would you like to see on the merch--logos, album cover, Matt's face :D or band photos. . . let us know! I'm looking into getting some stuff made up before ProgPower for all you fans out there!

Sue
perhaps you could bake us some goodies :p .
Rice Crispy "T's" or something for Prog Power..... I'd be into items like baseball caps and possibly frizbees. (lol...Matts face on a frizbee giving a big thumbs up is actually kinda funny....how about breakfast cerial. Just Alpha-bits with extra T's. Theocracy shoe laces. Matt Smith Halloween costumes. (I should really be pattenting these ideas....you'll make a fortune) Get Todd MacFarlane to do Theocracy action figures....like the Kiss dolls. okay okay, I'm really reaching......
ooooh Theocracy GUITAR PICKS!!!!! now that's do-able no?

Spyderman-Hyderman said:
Rice Crispy "T's" or something for Prog Power..... I'd be into items like baseball caps and possibly frizbees. . . Get Todd MacFarlane to do Theocracy action figures....like the Kiss dolls. . . Theocracy GUITAR PICKS!!!!! now that's do-able no?

Ha!!! I do make a mean Rice Krispy Treat. . .

I was thinking baseball caps, but I'll have to ask around to see how feasible that is--we wouldn't want some crummy screenprinted logo that would peel off. It's a good thing I'm friends with the local Hat Shack manager :tickled:

We maybe could do guitar picks. Surely something like that isn't unheard of in Athens of all places!

I love the action-figure idea!! We could have "show outfits" with leather pants and wristbands, and "everyday" outfits like camo pants for Shawn and a t-shirt with no sleeves :p

Sue

serious merch idea's
cool Shirts.. of new and previous album.. covers i would love some more lyrics on the shirts your lyrics are the most incredible
patches.. just the logo.. or the cover..
stickers would rock full color cover..
a poster of the albumcover or of the new cover.. i know you can get these at mattias Noren's but they are way to expensive.. a poster wit hthe band on it and the logo would rock too!!
God Bless

This is a merch tip for the future, when you're playing gigs. ALWAYS have your CDs available for purchase at shows. When I went to see Rhapsody opening for Manowar in Cleveland, I was totally disappointed that Rhapsody had NO CDs whatsoever available. There had to be 700 people there for that show (I'd say 600 Manowar fans and 100 Rhapsody fans). If they impressed even 50 of those Manowar fans, they might have lost the chance to make fans of them by not having any music available for them to purchase on the spot after they finished putting on such a good show. An inexcusable missed opportunity, as far as I'm concerned. Don't make this mistake!

I should add, this was the first show of their first ever US tour, so it's not like they ran out before my show (I can understand logistics problems as a tour rolls on).

Otherwise, CDs and T-shirts are what I go for as far as band-gear goes. I am not a bumper sticker guy, but I could make an exception for Theocracy!

athensbum said:

Sue

You should find someone to do little stuffed bears with little Theocracy t-shirts on them, maybe with little black wrist bands or something? ;)

Seriously, I think bumper stickers would be cool. Just the Theocracy logo. :)

Edit: Oops, I'm logged in as Seth. (This is Alyssa ) :)

I'd be into higher end items more so than stickers etc. May not be financially viable right now so early in Theocracy's career ......but collectables that are best left untouched or preserved in mint condition. Such as trading cards, or program books. I tend not to spend my money on trinkets like pins or patches, but rather on limited edition posters/canvass or like the bear idea mentioned above. Things that have collectable appeal.

Spyderman-Hyderman said:
I'd be into higher end items more so than stickers etc. May not be financially viable right now so early in Theocracy's career ......but collectables that are best left untouched or preserved in mint condition. Such as trading cards, or program books. I tend not to spend my money on trinkets like pins or patches, but rather on limited edition posters/canvass or like the bear idea mentioned above. Things that have collectable appeal.

I mentioned the bear jokingly because I made one for Sue for a pre-wedding get-together someone had for her.

theocracybear.jpg

I'm sure Matt would start the bidding at $100.... ;)

Looks like it's time to take Alyssa's creation to the marketplace! Hmm. There's got to a be a make-a-bear workshop around here :tickled:

Other ideas. . . lapel pins? I'm trying to think of collectibles. . . posters are do-able, I would imagine. . . are we talking large (2' x 3') or smaller (8 x 10" or 11" x 14")? Or both? Something for the guys to sign would be nice.

Let the brainstorming flow. . .

Sue

athensbum said:
Looks like it's time to take Alyssa's creation to the marketplace! Hmm. There's got to a be a make-a-bear workshop around here :tickled:

Other ideas. . . lapel pins? I'm trying to think of collectibles. . . posters are do-able, I would imagine. . . are we talking large (2' x 3') or smaller (8 x 10" or 11" x 14")? Or both? Something for the guys to sign would be nice.

Let the brainstorming flow. . .

Sue

And while you're all brainstorming about this, be sure to let me know who's going to pay for all of it and with what. Thanks!

Matt Smith said:
And while you're all brainstorming about this, be sure to let me know who's going to pay for all of it and with what. Thanks!

which is why I made sure to say "may not be financially viable" :)
Originally Posted by Spyderman-Hyderman
I'd be into higher end items more so than stickers etc. May not be financially viable right now so early in Theocracy's career ......
hey I'm on your side :cool:

however something mid-way would be back to the Theocracy guitar picks. a good idea would be to make them into pendants. Something I guess we could make ourselves if you were to just use the picks as promo fodder.

Oh, did I forget to tell you I won the lottery? Ha!

Well, hopefully with your grateful and loyal fans out there, we might have to cough up the dough at first (okay, that sounded gross :yuk: ), but we would pay it back with sales of such items, right? Right??

[cue card: EVERYONE NOD ENTHUSIASTICALLY] :headbang:

Sue

Seriously, stuff like picks are doable. They're pretty cheap and fairly easy to order. The only thing that makes them a little difficult is that you have to have one shape and thickness that pleases everybody, but i know a lot of people buy custom picks just because they think they're cool, so that might not even be an issue. I personally had a Ramones pick before I ever played any stringed instrument. ;)

If we got some picks, what are some of your shape and thickness preferences?

Sethist said:
Seriously, stuff like picks are doable. They're pretty cheap

If we got some picks, what are some of your shape and thickness preferences?

well if they are Theocracy picks I wouldn't be using them...so thickness/firmness is unimportant. Some others may want to actually use them :erk: . Ideally they should be what Matt typically uses for authenticity. I would either turn one into a necklace/pendent and if I had a variety I would mount them in a simple wooden case with a glass lid. I saw that done at a Hard Rock cafe. About 50 KISS picks of all different sorts all fixed in a nice wood and glass display case. Looked cool. What I personally would do to make an otherwise cheap piece of plastic seem fancy and add collectable appeal.

POSTERS!!!!!!
I would love to have a theocracy poster. I know it possible to order a pring off of Progart.com, but it costs way too much. I'd pay a good $20 for a Theocracy poster. Ooh... especially if it was signed.
Like,.. here's my thoughts. Theocracy is going to go places once people get to hearing them, and Theocracy goes on tours. So.. you know.. I'd love to have a poster that said i was with them in the beginning.

Just a quick thought... as i said in my last post about "being there from the beginning" I remembered i signed the guest book, which is pretty cool cause i went back and it's still there. I 'signed' the guest book on March 7th of 2004. So that means i've been a fan for over a year now!!! Theocracy is growing up so fast. New Band members... a new album... um... oh yeah this is the merchandise forum page,.. so um.. bring on the posters and more T-shirts for those of us who didn't catch them in time.

Im a huge poster freak. Mostly airplanes, but Id move anything to put in a Theocracy one (preferrably full size - like movie poster size). The cover art on the 1st album would make a sweet fullsize. And hey, you could probably boost profits alot with a sharpie and a couple free minutes.

Er...I know I'm probably a bit late with all this, but does anyone know where I can get a Theocracy T-shirt? The website only links to a SMALL T-shirt (and believe me, I am anything but small....)