Merchant of Menace

Jeebo

Dec 29, 2005
Anyone have the video clips of Loomis playing "Final Product" and/or "Ambivalent" from the Guitar World cd-rom and mind uploading them?

the only part from ambivalent jeff showed was the intro riff. As far as final product, he covered everything except steve's solos, and some of the verse and pre-chorus riffs.

the phish said:
the only part from ambivalent jeff showed was the intro riff. As far as final product, he covered everything except steve's solos, and some of the verse and pre-chorus riffs.

Maybe it's just the youtube vid but Ambivalent sounds off beat :\
Anyways, I was mostly interested in the tapping section in Final Product. The tap isn't difficult but it's very difficult to regulate the noise when quickly switching from one string to another via hammer on with the fretting hand.

Jeebo said:
Maybe it's just the youtube vid but Ambivalent sounds off beat :\
Anyways, I was mostly interested in the tapping section in Final Product. The tap isn't difficult but it's very difficult to regulate the noise when quickly switching from one string to another via hammer on with the fretting hand.

i have the tapping solo down, now i am just working on the speed. its a easy solo to learn but to build its speed and accuracy is what you need to work on. same with the River Dragon Solo.

I was actually under the impression that the little pre-solo in River Dragon was easy. It's taken me months to start playing the thing fluently, without mess-ups. I think sometimes it's easy to underestimate how challenging something is. The challenge may not be in learning all the notes, or hell, even in playing them up to speed, but more in keeping the playing clean while you do so!