Merry Christmas ...

Happy secular gift-giving holiday to those who wish to be wished a happy secular gift-giving holiday.**

**Disclaimer: This message is intended for entertainment purposes only and shall in no way be construed to bind or obligate wisher to actually provide happiness and/or gifts to reader(s).

MajestikMøøse said:
Merry Christmas you flithy animal...

*fires tommygun*

...and a happy new year.
You forgot the manical cackling/gunfire in the beginning :)

YARG! HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!

Dec 25 272

First official public celebration of Dies Natalis Invicti Solis, a pagan Roman holiday that was later co-opted by Christians to celebrate the birth of their favorite Jew. Turning the holiday into "Christmas" (in 336 AD) was part of a pattern of the church stealing various pagan festivals and feast days.

Thats 64 years earlier.

So...

Happy Day of the Unconquered Sun is what I told folks.

Random Beard said:
Dec 25 272

First official public celebration of Dies Natalis Invicti Solis, a pagan Roman holiday that was later co-opted by Christians to celebrate the birth of their favorite Jew. Turning the holiday into "Christmas" (in 336 AD) was part of a pattern of the church stealing various pagan festivals and feast days.

Thats 64 years earlier.

So...

Happy Day of the Unconquered Sun is what I told folks.
ACCORDING TO A SHOW I SAW (AT CHRISTMAS TIME SEVERAL YEARS AGO THAT I THINK WAS ON THE HISTORY CHANNEL) DEC 25 WAS ACTUALLY THE DAY GABRIEL CAME TO EARTH AND TALKED TO MARY (SO JESUS WOULD HAVE BEEN BORN ABOUT A MONTH BEFORE HOLLOWEEN) AND THAT REASON THAT THE DAY GABRIEL TALKED TO MARY BECAME THE DAY WE CELEBRATE (IN 336 AD) IS BECAUSE IT WAS JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS AWAY FROM THE WINTER SOLSTICE WHICH WAS ALREADY AN EXISTING PAGAN HOLIDAY BEFORE JESUS WAS ACTUALLY BORN EVEN THOUGH IT DIDN'T BECOME A ROMAN-RECOGNIZED HOLIDAY UNTIL 272 AD

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
ARE THERE ACTUALLY ANY PEOPLE THAT STILL CELEBRATE THE SUMMER SOLSTICE???
I celebrate all the solstices :)

..Beltaine rocks.