Merry Christmas ...

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
ACCORDING TO A SHOW I SAW (AT CHRISTMAS TIME SEVERAL YEARS AGO THAT I THINK WAS ON THE HISTORY CHANNEL) DEC 25 WAS ACTUALLY THE DAY GABRIEL CAME TO EARTH AND TALKED TO MARY (SO JESUS WOULD HAVE BEEN BORN ABOUT A MONTH BEFORE HOLLOWEEN) AND THAT REASON THAT THE DAY GABRIEL TALKED TO MARY BECAME THE DAY WE CELEBRATE (IN 336 AD) IS BECAUSE IT WAS JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS AWAY FROM THE WINTER SOLSTICE WHICH WAS ALREADY AN EXISTING PAGAN HOLIDAY BEFORE JESUS WAS ACTUALLY BORN EVEN THOUGH IT DIDN'T BECOME A ROMAN-RECOGNIZED HOLIDAY UNTIL 272 AD
Actually, thats also wrong. Christmas is roughly based on the Roman winter solstice festival, or better known as Saturnalia. This was a time when they honored the god Saturn, who was the god of agriculture. December 25th was also the date the winter solstice landed on, in the Julian Calender.
(I had to check up on Wikipedia to make sure I had the info right)

I don't hate Christians. I'm not one though...
hmm.... if I did hate them, I'd hate 99 % of people I know. :p

I hate stupid people, and lack of intelligence can make me seriously upset, what causes further damage to my already corroded health. :tickled:

Merry Christmas. hope you had fun. :D

Tee said:
I don't hate Christians. I'm not one though...
hmm.... if I did hate them, I'd hate 99 % of people I know. :p

I hate stupid people, and lack of intelligence can make me seriously upset, what causes further damage to my already corroded health. :tickled:

Merry Christmas. hope you had fun. :D

I agree with you here...
ANyhoo...i'm not Christian, but I celebrate for my own reasons (family, giving, health, a new year..all that good stuff).

Random Beard said:
Dec 25 272

First official public celebration of Dies Natalis Invicti Solis, a pagan Roman holiday that was later co-opted by Christians to celebrate the birth of their favorite Jew. Turning the holiday into "Christmas" (in 336 AD) was part of a pattern of the church stealing various pagan festivals and feast days.

Thats 64 years earlier.

So...

Happy Day of the Unconquered Sun is what I told folks.

Well I see Christianity and Catholicism on two different sides, so please bear with me. I read that the Catholic church was responsible for ordaining dec. 25th as the official date of Christmas, taking the Roman pagan traditions into consideration. I look at it as a non-christian holiday anyway and I do not believe God ever ordained anything like it, but if any christian wants to celebrate it religiously they can as long as they aren't worshipping paganism.

I'm not a christian, but I have a deep respect for it and believe in a lot it, and I try not to acknowledge Christmas as the official day of Jesus' Birth because last time I heard, it was around spring, but really for Christian's it doesn't matter when he was born, what matters most to them is their salvation.

enough of this technical talk, have a great holiday!

MERRY KWANZA BITCHES!
santahat.jpg

thanks! Still waiting for that god damn work shirt... if rockibilia tells me its gone too... i'll begine a murderous rampage.