Mesa boogie triple rectifier!

Death_Work said:
I'm happy with the triple, the only diffrence from the dual is thw 150w.

Yeah I would like to try a framus cobra but they are not that common in sweden. I never seen one :/.
that may be the only technical difference, but dualies have always sounded better to me, despite technical similarities. i may post some clips of my Cobra soon.

I just did some reamping with a Dual and a Triple. One for the left side and one for the right. The Dual was a combo, yes, but I ran it into a Mesa cab with 30's. I found the triple to be a little tighter in the bass range but also it had a more 'scooped' sound. The dual had more mid bass and was looser I guess but I preferred it too. I can see how it would be better for leads cause of this. Maybe James liked that aspect. But you know they have changed those amps for different years. I want to get a dual and a triple, both new, and A/B them I'm really liking how that amp really cuts through the mix.

I also borrowed a Cobra for this project and I liked playing it myself more than the Mesa, but I liked the Mesa in the mix more.

Colin

i'll soon get my Laney Vh100r ,i think they sound totally different from the other amps,(blown away by mattias Ia Eklundh,and andy timmons's tone):devil: :headbang:

Death_Work said:
I don't like the vh-100r at all. it's noisy and sound canny.
The sound IA has is in his fingers I tell you that.
are u sure?cause i dont know if you've ever heard of the band ngra they used vh100 on their rebirth album and the tone sounds tight as hell(another example is adagio's underworld album):confused:

I really liked the Laney's I've played, the VC50 and GH50L(which I was gonna buy at the time, but the sales guy at the store I worked at sold it out from under me). Possibly one of my favorite high gain tones of all time.

The older AOR heads sounded really good too.

i was given a VH100r for free and didn't like it, so i gave it to my little brother. it's his first half stack ever (gave him a 4x12 cab at the same time) so he is happy.