Mesa Cab Duel - Recto vs. Stiletto!

So yours does have them then? All you said was that your cab has a secret that you didn't wanna reveal yet, and I assumed you meant MC90's since I've seen some Stilettos with 'em - thanks for confirming! :D

Well that was a pretty decent guess, if it was a guess...I didn't really want to let that be known until I have proper clips, so perhaps now everybody will hate them just because they dont have "30" in the name :\

Well I know I didn't like it with V30s, so if anything I might prefer it with MC90s!

It was actually yet another blooper by the store, I got told about the change of speakers near enough on the day I picked the thing up and was kinda pissed because I didn't have a clue how they sound. But after basically not wanting to let myself down, I still bought it and im happy with them from what bad recordings ive done so far.

They are smoother than V30's, kinda sounds like a cross between a Recto and a 5150 *smoothness* which is the best of both worlds for me I guess. But I should have some proper clips middle of next week, for everybody to hear :)

Haha, yup, in this case I mean "slapping you across the face with a glove" duel, rather than "Dual Rectifier" :lol:

Eh, "tightness" perhaps, but "definition" I'd have to disagree with because of the stuffiness/wooliness; as skeksis said, the emphasis in the Recto cab is shifted from that nasty (IMO) region down to some delicious chunk, which makes it feel overall clearer and more defined to me! And with a Tube Screamer and reasonable bass adjustment, it's plenty tight as well!

And I'll be re-tweaking the Recto today and posting more clips, so you all can really hear what this head/cab can do!

a big fuckin AMEN to that..i'm stuck with a stilletto for now and its totally unusable to me because of the horrible muddiness..the OS i was supposed to get my hands on completely blew it away..i literally chucked up a mic and had a killer tone going in 5 minutes!