Meshugga Rig Rundown

Yeah, it's simple math:loco:

That's a very cool system for changing presets but it seems really complicated and I think I would always worry that some little thing will go wrong and would ruin the whole set.

My band was doing this back in 2001, only we had a backing track to follow and I had Cubase controlling the drum modules, 2 keyboards, bass effects, 2 guitar effect processors and changed vsti's that I used with a keyboard midi controller AND a Roland Gk-2 midi controller on my guitar... It was a fucking nightmare!

All the technology improved a little in 12 years^^

A stable Laptop who basically just runs a DAW, playing a backing + patch changing should work pretty fine.

All the technology improved a little in 12 years^^

A stable Laptop who basically just runs a DAW, playing a backing + patch changing should work pretty fine.

I'm joking when i say it was a nightmare... well kinda. It worked really well back then as well. Just trying to get it all down was the headache. I was controlling quite a bit more also.

Because of your video :lol:

Sounds much better here!

Yeah I know... but the thing is.. this comparison failed.. We should've been using the Recto New on the Ultra because Recto Orange in the Axe-II is modern and on the Ultra it's vintage. :( So this is axe2 recto modern vs ultra recto vintage. The Recto models are quite different in these two units and JCM800 too but other than that I don't think I would pass a blindfold test. We did another test which basically matched the two so the only difference you hear will be the amp modeling and not the IR. So how big is the difference then?

I honestly play them side by side daily. Ofcourse the Axe-II is better feature-wise and has a lot more horsepower. But if you just think about it as your live rig then it's like having a Ferrari vs BMW but you'll be driving them 50mph max. Both can do it easily. There isn't much you can't do with the Ultra. I'd love to have more IR slots though.... that's my main concern. :)

Because it is, not to mention Cliff says so.

Cliff is my god also but he guessed wrong to that second comparison. :ill:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that method of patch changing was pretty standard? Doesn't The Safety Fire do that too? Pretty efficient though I imagine it demands ungodly tightness.

Yea, Disturbed did something similar, and my band runs things in this fashion, but we still have GCP's in front of us, just in case. It's a pretty liberating way to run a set, I must say.