Anybody ever made great metal guitars using Guitar Rig 2?

Kromann

Doeds Groed & Floede
Aug 11, 2006
Denmark
...just asking because I've used months trying to get that thing to sound right and it still sounds like arse. Is podXT just so much better or what? I'm hoping that the (few?) guitar rig 2 users on this forum would post their tracks or presets in this thread if they have achieved a metal guitar sound that they think rocks.

I'm still working a lot with real mics and cabs but getting an acceptable DI sound to judge the track by before reamping would be great anyway. Presets are most welcome too of course. I'll try and upload a preset and a clip asap if anyone should be interested (which I - knowing how it sounds - seriously doubt :erk: )

I'm hoping to hear some GR2 creations that kick ass :Smokin:

Nope....but then again it is a matter of opinion. None the less I am pretty sure everyone is going to agree.

Its pretty much poop but i use it on a guitar output track while im recording drum tracks, and then i go back and re-amp the un-effected guitar DI. I have blended GR 2 Tones with my Recto and got good results.
But yeah if anyone has any good GR 2 tones i would like to hear em/ get em.
o yeah GR 2 eats up alot of CPU wich SUCKS!

Guitar Rig 2 has some wonderful effects, but I'm none too impressed with the amp models. Still, it's better than Amplitube 2, which is absolute shit IMNSHO.

These things do have a place however. It's great for tracking scratch guitars when cutting drums. You can have that crucial player on player eye contact & no amp bleed into the drum mics.

-0z-

Woot first post!
Anyhow... I've found that while GR2's amp models are weak (maybe just because there are so few), the cab sim is immensely useful. For those of us who need to record quietly, DIing a decent preamp (or FX loop) into them can give solid sounds. Oddly, there seem to be far more cabs and mics in the software than there are amps, so it's flexible too.
I'll post a clip sometime when I get my gear back up and running (new PC! :))

guitar_rig_2.jpg

Two tracks of Skreamer + Gratifier panned 100% left and right.
Two tracks of Demon Distortion and Gratifier panned 80% left and right.

The Ensemble (Chorus) is for my clean and lead tones on the other songs on our demo

Also I disabled the speaker sim because it is shitty deluxe and used some of the impulses posted on the board (The Marshall 1960A I think).

Other than that just Andy's C4 preset and thats it.

I recorded this short clip about a year ago using GR2 on guitars and bass. Guitars were using a slightly modified VT ATTACK (or somesuch, factory preset) patch and they're pretty :puke: , but the SVT sim on the bass roars like a motherfucker. The lead guitar was GR2 too, can't recall the patch though.

Link

I recorded this short clip about a year ago using GR2 on guitars and bass. Guitars were using a slightly modified VT ATTACK (or somesuch, factory preset) patch and they're pretty :puke: , but the SVT sim on the bass roars like a motherfucker. The lead guitar was GR2 too, can't recall the patch though.

Link

Dude that sounds pretty cool. Reminds me of Hypocrisy somewhat.

I recorded this one some time ago. Unfortunately I lost the preset when I reinstalled my computer. The amp used was the one modeling rectifier. Instead of cab I used a lot of parametric eqs, probably more than 10 of them. It was a lot of tweaking, I remember, so I am really sorry all that efforts are gone for good now.