Meta Hammer Golden Gods

Status
Not open for further replies.
DISTURBED, IN FLAMES, TESTAMENT and CHILDREN OF BODOM are scheduled to perform at the Metal Hammer Golden Gods 2008 ceremony on Monday, June 16 at the IndigO2 (O2 Arena) in London, UK.

Hosted by Oderus Urungus from legendary metal crew GWAR, the Metal Hammer Golden Gods 2008 will boast the most elaborate production ever seen from a rock awards show. Metal Hammer will also host a second stage for the first time ever, aboard the Thames' finest vessel, the Dixie Queen. A bunch of rabid fans will get the chance to see live sets from some of the hottest up-and-coming metal bands in the world, including BRING ME THE HORIZON and JOB FOR A COWBOY, while chugging their way up the Thames to the O2.

MTV2 is once again confirmed as the TV partner to the Metal Hammer Golden Gods and will broadcast an exclusive Golden Gods program following the ceremony. XFM is the radio partner.

The complete list of nominations is as follows:

Best UK Band:

IRON MAIDEN
BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
PARADISE LOST
SAXON
JUDAS PRIEST

Best Live Band:

GALLOWS
MACHINE HEAD
MEGADETH
ARCH ENEMY
TURISAS

Breakthough Artist:

STILL REMAINS
APOCALYPTICA
DEVILDRIVER
EVERY TIME I DIE
BLOODSIMPLE

Riff Lord:

Slash (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER)
Ace Frehley (KISS)
Dave Mustaine (MEGADETH)
Mikael Åkerfeldt (OPETH)
Jon Schaffer (ICED EARTH)

Shredder:

Alexi Laiho (CHILDREN OF BODOM)
Dan Donegan (DISTURBED)
Jesper Strömblad (IN FLAMES)
Dino Cazares (DIVINE HERSY, FEAR FACTORY)
Mike Amott (ARCH ENEMY, CARCASS)

Best Underground Band:

MAYLENE AND THE SONS OF DISASTER
THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
MUNICIPAL WASTE
GALLHAMMER
TRIGGER THE BLOODSHED

Best International Band:

NIGHTWISH
AVENGED SEVENFOLD
IN FLAMES
DOWN
DIR EN GREY

Best Video:

HIMSA - "Unleash Carnage"
GOAT THE HEAD - "Darwinian Minions"
BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE - "Scream Aim Fire"
AS I LAY DYING - "Nothing Left"
DIMMU BORGIR - "The Serpentine Offering"

Best Metal Label:

Roadrunner
Metal Blade
Century Media
Nuclear Blast
SPV
Spinefarm

Best Album:

AVENGED SEVENFOLD – "Avenged Sevenfold"
DOWN - "Over The Under"
CHILDREN OF BODOM - "Blooddrunk"
ATREYU - "Leads Sails Paper Anchor"
TESTAMENT - "The Formation of Damnation"

Incoming! Best Band:

BARONESS - "The Red Album"
EVILE - "Enter The Grave"
ENGEL - "Absolute Design"
AIRBOURNE - "Runnin' Wild"
SUICIDE SILENCE - "The Cleansing"

Inspiration Award:

CARCASS
NINE INCH NAILS
KISS
MESHUGGAH
SLIPKNOT
--------------------------------------------------------
The only one who deserves the shredder award is Alexi...

Golden Gods are the most pointless and stupid thing around. The winner is the band with more 13 year old mobile phone addicted fans who want their OMFG best band in teh wurldz to win. Avenge & Sevenfold guitar player got the sherder award ffs!

Anyways, thanks for the news, although even if Bodom headline it'll be still really short so :erk:

I don't know, I think they air it live and then they repeat it some times. Please someone record it, as not every day you get performances with TV quality (Bodom performance, I don't care about the rest).

Golden Gods are the most pointless and stupid thing around. The winner is the band with more 13 year old mobile phone addicted fans who want their OMFG best band in teh wurldz to win. Avenge & Sevenfold guitar player got the sherder award ffs!

Anyways, thanks for the news, although even if Bodom headline it'll be still really short so :erk:

I totally agree with you, a;though I think that Synyster Gates deserved the Award he's a great guitarist...

:zombie::zombie::zombie: Ever heard about Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, Michael J. Romeo, Roope Latvala, Jani Liimataine, Herman Li, Karl Sanders or Gary Holt? All this dudes totally kick Synyster's ass and weren't even mentioned.

I totally fckin agree with youi, Synyster gate isn't even close to these guys knees. I don't even know why these guys didn't even get metionned, they deserve some support...

no its cause A7X that gay band is overrated..im not fond of this syn gay ffs i cant belive that he got the shredder award..if id chose really roope has awesome shredding skills..well also alexi..and many more..its totally overated this A7X ZOMG

:zombie::zombie::zombie: Ever heard about Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, Michael J. Romeo, Roope Latvala, Jani Liimataine, Herman Li, Karl Sanders or Gary Holt? All this dudes totally kick Synyster's ass and weren't even mentioned.

Yes man I know them very well, but they hadn't released an album at the time of the awards so they weren't nominated...All these guys are better that Syn without a doubt but I still believe that he kicks ass, :) wll it's my opinion....Well I hope Alexi will win this year....

Status
Not open for further replies.