Metal 2017

Stoner rock/doom. Good variety of songs compared to your average album I thought.

Oh, and here's another recent release more in the traditional metal vein:

Last edited:
I find Watan to be so horrible and I thought they had finally broke up. They sound like Nachtmystium to my ears

I think that Watain is pretty average. The early music is better, but I've never been a fan.

Nachtmystium is trash and Blake Judd is a huge scammer who has ripped off record labels, other bands and even fans. He also used to post neo-Nazi shit on FMP666, so I'm not really surprised that he is an idiot.

To me it's the same trash that lacks any real substance. I call it rock star black metal. Both of those bands are big production black metal and it really bores me to tears. Honestly thought that Watain broke up years ago. Whatever.

I have many good friends that crossed paths with Judd when he lived in Chicago and other friends that have crossed paths with him elsewhere and there are some funny stories. I'm well aware of his past.

I think that Watain is pretty average. The early music is better, but I've never been a fan.

Nachtmystium is trash and Blake Judd is a huge scammer who has ripped off record labels, other bands and even fans. He also used to post neo-Nazi shit on FMP666, so I'm not really surprised that he is an idiot.

Dont really care about Nachtmystium although I dont think they're horrible or anything but I guess it's worth noting that guy is supposedly trying to make things right. I saw on NWN he paid Yosuke back for the things he scammed.

Dont really care about Nachtmystium although I dont think they're horrible or anything but I guess it's worth noting that guy is supposedly trying to make things right. I saw on NWN he paid Yosuke back for the things he scammed.

He has come back and paid a few people off in the past, only to return to ripping people off a short time later. He also owes some people hundreds or thousands of dollars that I doubt he will ever pay back. He has drug problems and that usually seems to be the trigger for his bullshit.

I wouldn't trust him and I'd advise anyone to avoid dealing with him on any matter involving money, especially sales of rare albums as that was his most common and successful scam.

I haven't followed Watain since Sworn to the Dark but if that new track is indicative of their past few albums I can't see the reason for all the trend-hate they receive these days. I'll probably check it out.

Its really not. The last one was more commercial and had a few ballads where Erik actually sings and the production was very different compared to the previous, I hated it at first but now I really like it. They Rode On is an amazing song.
And Lawless Darkness was maybe more like Sworn To The Dark but much better imo.
So this new one will be a step back to the more extreme. So at least you cant blame them for playing it safe.

Last edited: