Ne Obliviscaris - Urn
Veil of Maya - False Idol
Trivium - The Sin and the Sentence
Unleash the Archers - Apex
Dragonforce - Reaching Into Infinity
Thy Art is Murder - Dear Desolation
Immolation - Atonement

Last edited:
The music on Kingdoms Disdained is about what I expect from Morbid Angel these days, which isn't a compliment. Erik Rutan did a typical Rutan production job, so the album's mix is basically the antithesis of dynamic range. My biggest gripe is the drumming, which sounds laughably fake. Scott Fuller also has about as much personality as a drum machine. Initial reviews were super critical of the drum sound and style, but I wasn't expected to dislike it this much. It's also louder than all of the other instruments because Rutan is a hack producer.

In summary, it's a pretty mediocre album, but still better than the previous one. Not that this is a big accomplishment.

KILL A COP KILL A COP KILL A KILL A KILL A COP

Reactions: CiG
By the way, the "KILL A COP" thing is a meme from when the previous Morbid Angel album was new because a lot of people misheard the lyrics that way. I'm posting this because I'd hardly be surprised if there was someone on this site who actually likes that album and will try to tell me that I got the lyrics wrong when I was making fun of it.

By the way, the "KILL A COP" thing is a meme from when the previous Morbid Angel album was new because a lot of people misheard the lyrics that way. I'm posting this because I'd hardly be surprised if there was someone on this site who actually likes that album and will try to tell me that I got the lyrics wrong when I was making fun of it.

2011 AOTY