Metal 2019

August 9

taucrossmessengerscd_0.jpg

My Slough Feg is on back order hell @ Amazon. Won’t be here until the 21st. That’s one I’m trying not to spoil because I didn’t like the last album and I’m hoping for a rebound.

I must be one of the few people here who likes the last Slough Feg album. But at the same time I also hope this new one is better. I pre-ordered it digitally on Bandcamp so hopefully whenever it's the 14th in the US I should immediately get it, should be tonight.

It's been happening too much lately. I think most of my pre-orders for 2019 have been immediately backordered at time of release.

They definitely aren’t getting enough CDs in their initial orders. Every new release I’ve purchased from amazon this year has been delayed. I don’t wait until the day before, either.

Beheaded (still no estimate even here)
Possessed
Darkthrone
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Tanith
Saint Vitus
Slough Feg
Grand Magus (should have let them keep this one)
Lunar Shadow

EVERY SINGLE ONE BACKORDERED @TIME OF PURCHASE.

There’s a few pretty big names in there to not be getting enough stock. It’s not like they’d be sitting on them forever if they purchased a few more but I guess they’d rather sell out, then reorder more at this point.

I’ve noticed prices have also crept upward this year. Fuck I’m better off to buy a single cd from a label like 20BS directly any more, not sure why amazon even bothers with their releases. I know the vinyl craze is what it is but most people don’t even want the unlimited black vinyl and that’s mostly what amazon stocks. Seems like they’re phasing CDs out.