Metal: A Headbanger's Journey

Ryan VH

Go Forth And Die!
Jul 8, 2006
Los Angeles, California
www.myspace.com
Anyone see this movie/documentary? I thought it was really well put together and this guy Sam knows his stuff and was lucky to experience what he did. The end of the movie is the best part IMO when you see all the fans at Wacken and everyone talking in the background.

All other opinions welcomed. Discuss.

Welcome to last year.

Watch Metal: A Norwegian Black Metal Journey, the reprise to the black metal section where he goes back to norway for a showing of his movie and documents some more interviews... with GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHL and others.

I think Gaahl should start his own daytime talk show, called Gaahl and Friends, I'd watch it as I'm sure it would have more then a fair share of rape and church burning.

"Welcome to Gaahl and friends, where today we burn a church and rape the nuns... in the name of *sips wine* SAAAAAAAAAATAN! And after that, some great grilling tips from Rachel Ray on the topic of getting your victims cooked completely without having to remove them from the crucifix. And then after that... I RAPE HER! Why you ask? *sips wine* Saaaaaaatan."

yeah i'm pretty sure this is old news and i saw it on vh1 a while back when i was bored. it was interesting but i remember seeing somethings in the movie that weren't completely right but i can't remember exactly what.

I only saw the 24 seconds with "Satan" in it.

this one:

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty good. the LA/glam part was waaaay too fucking long though. that part shouldve been like 30 seconds. also, the black metal part was too short.

It goes on a bit longer. Sam then asks, ''what does Satan embody, or represent?''
*another unnecessarily long pause*
Gaahl: ''Freedom.''
I certainly wouldn't like to be the one doing that interview.

Edit: Here's a link, YouTube - Gaahl Full interview

Yeah but Gaahl is theatrical for the sake of being theatrical. "Ooooh, Gaahl, you're sooooo scary beating up 50 year old men and drinking their blood".

Do you ever notice that these people never beat up rugby players? Varg kills Euronymous while he's in his underwear, then kills some effeminate homo in the woods, and Gaahl kicks old men's asses and everyone's like, "Wow, he's so evil and necro."

What the fuck ever. Throw their asses out in the middle of Brooklyn or Philly or New Orleans at midnight and see how long they last. It's easy to be a badass when you live in the safest country in the world. Guido, Sean, or Leroy would've handed them their asses in a second...then we'd see just how evil and badass they really are.

I love black metal, but most of these people are a fucking joke.

What the fuck ever. Throw their asses out in the middle of Brooklyn or Philly or New Orleans at midnight and see how long they last. It's easy to be a badass when you live in the safest country in the world. Guido, Sean, or Leroy would've handed them their asses in a second...then we'd see just how evil and badass they really are.

I love black metal, but most of these people are a fucking joke.

You put too much faith in blacks, they arent the supreme fighters everyone makes them out to be. I agree they wouldnt last in the hood, only because the my pals would gang up on them.

And if its a matter of guns, well...It doesnt take much of a man to shoot someone.

Of course he's a sensationalist, elitist twat, but I would say that, seeing as how I don't really care for Gorgoroth's music. I just found the clip entertaining.

It goes on a bit longer. Sam then asks, ''what does Satan embody, or represent?''
*another unnecessarily long pause*
Gaahl: ''Freedom.''
I certainly wouldn't like to be the one doing that interview.

Edit: Here's a link, YouTube - Gaahl Full interview

Could not agree more. Fucking guy knew it would be on a movie and saw a perfect opprotunity to pose. Its a shame they didnt get into Paganism rather then the little satan pussies.