Metal album art for tattoos?

Chairman Kaga

Jan 23, 2007
Los Angeles
Looking for suggestions of album art that would make sick tattoos. Just wondering what kind of stuff you guys got in mind. Post pictures of the art of whatever comes to mind.

I would also like to recommend that you get gauges so big that you can put compact discs in your ears. That'll REALLY give you some street cred with your homeless pals.

I always thought this would make a good tattoo.

2363.jpg

I got in 2011 back when I lived in Florida. I don't care. I fucking love comosgenesis. One of my favorite albums of all time. U want pics? I can show you my dick too.

I used Gaza's "He Is Never Coming Back". I tend to feel like the less grotesque and more "artistic" ones work.

The Pig Destroyer one is a good idea, but I couldn't see myself wearing it. I was thinking of getting the Plagueangel cover done one of these days.

Emperor_EP.png

Considering getting this on my shoulder some day. Though it's also a Dore engraving so it's not just metal art.

And I'm pretty sure my first tattoo is gonna be some element of the Within a Realm of a Dying Sun album cover.

realm-300x300.jpg

And now that I'm thinking on the topic, the Transilvanian Hunger album cover would make a great tattoo.

In fairness, Burzum artwork is from painters. Not made just for his albums. I think that's why the have such a touch of class to them.

I think album artwork is always pretty sweet as a tattoo, as are lyrics. However I've always thought getting a band name tattooed on you is kinda lame.

I'd dig getting a collage of all my favorite albums on my back, if they're pretty permanent fixtures in my collection. Maybe soften the edges of the cloud to look like a nebula.

Couple of the coolest I've seen:

1978768_10151953678541517_99079934_n.jpg

large.jpg

I've seen one that was like this but way better.
1218062608.jpg

Personally, I always wanted to get Altars of Madness and/or Deicide's s/t somewhere. The Motorhead beast thing always works well. Seen a couple really fucking wicked ones of Venom's Black Metal.