Viking Tattoos

Woodsman

New Metal Member
Mar 31, 2004
Hey guys. Been thinking of getting a Viking/Barbarian/Celtic tattoo, so ive been wondering if any of you guys have some that could inspire me, or if any of you have any nice viking-ish pictures/drawings that i could use! In any case, here is ur chance to show off ur viking pride with ur tattoos!

I have 6 so far......but what I can say is dont rush it. The six I have i got over the past 14 yrs and I am in the process of getting another, but nothing has struck me yet, I asked the same question on anothe rthread but remember, make sure you get what ya want cause its forever.Good Luck in your search

I have about 2 months 'till my new tattoo gets done, notthing HUGE but I'm thinkig of getting either the symbol of my town or "Pit Dog". For the bigger, kinda sleeve on my arm I'm saving up to go all the way to Madrid to a fabolous artist named Robert Hernandez, the guy's got a lot of talent so check him out at http://www.rhernandeztattoos.com/

Patric said:
I have about 2 months 'till my new tattoo gets done, notthing HUGE but I'm thinkig of getting either the symbol of my town or "Pit Dog". For the bigger, kinda sleeve on my arm I'm saving up to go all the way to Madrid to a fabolous artist named Robert Hernandez, the guy's got a lot of talent so check him out at http://www.rhernandeztattoos.com/

Man he's good..... me like. Though I'll probably won't to Spain for a tatoo....

I am NOT trying to criticise or sound snotty or whatever, I am all for tattoos, especially cool viking knotwork and such, but you should really consider the meaning of the art before you put it on there, Brainkisser. In the old days, the valknutr was really a symbol that once you displayed it meant that you were ready to go to the next world to fight for Odin at any time. Kind of like tattooing a deathwish on you for all to see (which is one of the reasons why we find a lot of Thor's hammers and other jewellry, but not a whole lot of valknots in the old graves and hoards). If that is really how you feel - some, like myself, really do feel that way - then by all means, do it! If you don't feel like going to Valhall just yet, consider something like a Mask of Odin instead, or something like what Johan has (big-ass tattoo of Hin Gamli on the bicep), or if you want the world to know that Odin is your dude, than use the traditional way of showing it: the Norse used to wear little sword amulets to signify Odin (after all, the Hammer is Thor's sign, but some feel closer to Odin and don't want Thor's sign around their neck - I suppose the same goes for tattoos). Anyhow, this is all if you really believe in the old Gods and all that, and if you don't than it's not so important. Mind you, if you don't, and put a valknot on your wrist, you will have people assuming you do all the time....

Hey Tyra u seem to know alot about this.Is there anyway i could see some pic of all the symbols you mention except Mjolnir cuz im wearing it lol Also beside the poetic edda is there any book i could read? Either relating to mythology or to that asatru page u posted once? Is there some "bible" (sorry for the word lol) that i can read regarding this faith??? Thanks :)

(and u got a nice name if thats your real name... my real name sucks bad)

Yes, I can do that, but I'll PM you, though, cause I don't want to post a long message on the forum and piss everyone else off.....

Hey Pyaemia, I dont mean to step on Tyra's toes with my two-cents but try northvegr.org and have them send you "The Northern Way", it's free and i have it so if you like I can e-mail it to you. it is pretty much an introduction to the Northern Spiritual lifestyle so if youre interested, gimme a holler.

PHP:
[QUOTE=Woodsman]Hey guys. Been thinking of getting a Viking/Barbarian/Celtic tattoo, so ive been wondering if any of you guys have some that could inspire me, or if any of you have any nice viking-ish pictures/drawings that i could use! In any case, here is ur chance to show off ur viking pride with ur tattoos![/QUOTE]

Dear fellow kindsman,
I am the varangian warlord and if you are looking for a viking tattoo you should most definately look at the imagers of (RAGNAR) at  [url]www.runegame.com[/url], rune is a PS2 game MY FAVORITE! of course. ragnar wears a horned viking helm, chain mail, scale armor, and carries an enormous double bladed axe with the foreward side larger than the backside. truly amazing artwork. I hope this helps you make a decision. and remember what is best in life brother, {Crush enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lementation of the women!}
Varangian Warlord

Pyaemia, they sent me an e-mail in pdf format and I believe its also on CD, it was just easier for me to get the pdf formatted version, if you want it let me know. I have big feet Tyra, you better promise you dont mind toe stepping :D

Ya man i do want it. Send it at pascalmann@hotmail.com plz. Hope its not to big for my crappy hotmail account :)

Sleipnir said:
Pyaemia, they sent me an e-mail in pdf format and I believe its also on CD, it was just easier for me to get the pdf formatted version, if you want it let me know. I have big feet Tyra, you better promise you dont mind toe stepping :D

3 weeks to go and it's in the tattoo studio again :hotjump: The Type O Negative logo will finaly be mine muthafuckas!

I dont know if this is accurate enough for you, but on the northvegr. org site they have merchandise and this is in bold red type at the top of the page for all valknot merchandise.

"The Valknot, or "Knot of the Slain" is the symbol of Othinn. Those who wear or carry the symbol do so to show their dedication to Othinn and that they are willing to die at his command."

Why Othinn?Ive started reading the little book u sent me and they say Othinn and Heithinn instead of Odin and Heathen? Pretty weird! If u wear the valknot it mean your willing to die at is command.NOt that you want to die right now! Altho u shouldnt mind dying right now!

Sleipnir said:
I dont know if this is accurate enough for you, but on the northvegr. org site they have merchandise and this is in bold red type at the top of the page for all valknot merchandise.

"The Valknot, or "Knot of the Slain" is the symbol of Othinn. Those who wear or carry the symbol do so to show their dedication to Othinn and that they are willing to die at his command."

".........Othinn and Heithinn instead of Odin and Heathen?"

I believe Odin and Heathen are how "english" translates and Othinn and Heithinn are Old Norse spellings for it, I could be wrong though.