Viking pics?

Originally posted by LunarTower
Full on list more or less of Folk/Pagan/Battle/Viking metal bands.

Amon Amarth (duh)
Finntroll
Kaliban
Ensiferum
Moonsorrow
Mithotyn
Thyrfing
Manegarm
Falkenbach
Vintersorg (Till Fjalls & Odemarkens Son)
Suidakra (!)
Elvenking
Skyclad
Skyforger
Forefather (!)
Summoning
Axamenta
Dagorlad
Bal-Sagoth
Adorned Brood
Alleigance (sweden)
Unleashed (older)
Enslaved (older)
Goat of Mendes
Thundra
Turisas
Rakoth
(very old) Ulver
Storm
Twin Obscenity
Hrossharsgrani
Isengard (from Norway mind you)
In Extremo
Belenos
Himinbjorg
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter (RAWK!)
Raventhrone
Windir
Newer Graveland... sorta
Primordial
Cruachan
Waylander
Falconer
old Ragnarok (nor- their first cd Nattferd)
Ragnarok (uk)
Menhir (HAIL!)
Ordo Draconis
Cadacross
Ancient Rites
Bathory (duh)
Borknagar (the older stuff only)
Einherjer
Fall of the Leafe
Absu (some will see where Im coming from here...)
Forlorn
Hin Onde
Helheim (if you like your VM to blow ass...)
Kampfar
Belinus
Otyg (duh)
Trollheims Grott (in an odd way...)
Ajattara
Runic
Bran Barr
Shadowbreed
Slough Feg (The Lord Weird Slough Feg actually... weird one here)
Tuatha De Danaan
& Insomnium

By the way, Im a Viking Metal God. :)

Fuck man!
Thats the shit right there haha. Nice one, cheers mate!

:headbang:

\m/

So, here's my problem: I am over in Canada, but I want to hear some of these other bands (obviously, I have all the AA albums), specifically the viking rock ones. There is no such thing as Napster these days, and I cannot find any of these bands through the regular record stores. Does anyone out there have any ideas on how to get a taste of this stuff from over here? I don't want to install stuff with spyware (i.e. Kazaa etc.), and the newsgroups and such don't have any of it (or I'm looking under the wrong heading?).

I guess I have the same oppinion about winmx as you have about Kazaa ;)

But I agree Kazaa sucks, there is still nothing that even comes close to what Audio galaxy once was...

Originally posted by Aggressor
I guess I have the same oppinoin about winmx as you have about Kazaa ;)

But I agree Kazaa sucks, there is still nothing that even comes close to what Audio galaxy once was...

oh yes there is, haven't you people heard of direct connect? :)
download it at www.neo-modus.com

here's how it works: first of all, you gotta have something to share with other people, perhaps a few gigabytes of mp3 or movies or whatever. anyone can start a "hub" where users can connect and share their files, the founder of the hub can dictate the rules there, perhaps the rules for one hub could be: you have to share at least 10 gb, have 3 slots (slots are how many people that can download stuff from you, 3 slots = 3 users can download one file each from you at the same time) and for some hubs you gotta have a really fast connection, but those which require that are quite few.
as an example; the hub i'm usually on has about 600 users with a shared total of 40 tb (40 000 gigabytes), and there i have found some of the most obscure metal :) i guess that the only catch is that you got to have something to start with in order to get more.

if you download the program and find something you don't understand, just ask.

Personally, I like Soulseek, available I believe at www.slsk.com or maybe its www.soulseek.com anyway, the service is just music and mostly only has users with eclectic taste. I find almost any metal I search for no matter how obscure. By the way. could I get a link to that old Norse course? It would come in very useful for academic purposes.

Hmm the old norse stuff we learn is just another side of the subject Norwegain, its not a course on its own.

Tyra!
U wrote the lyrics for 1000 Years of Oppression???????
IF SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCKING WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO! AHHAHAHA! u fucking legend!!! I know Johan's sis wrote the lyrics for it but im not sure how many siblings he has!!!!

BTW!!!

How many siblings does each band member have??? AND ALSO Tyra! Can u out drink your brother????It would be great to see a Hegg Family Xmas Party with all the Viking Warriors in your family downing some great alcohol!

Many of the said Pagan Metal bands from my list have MP3's available on their sites, or their label's sites.. and ofcourse, P2P file sharing communities, which I hate (no broadband...damn things drive me nuts)

Originally posted by Patric
I always listen to Primordial when I go to sleep.

FUCK YEAH!!! I love death and destruction and better yet badasses growling about it. God man amon amarth wants me just to cut my friend thats next to me up with a 7 foot sword \m/

AoD

Good to see another Primordial fan on the board, I thought I was alone here. Death and Destruction, are you reffering to the bands?

No, I cannot outdrink my brother, but then I have yet to see anyone who can...honestly! I didn't actually mean to write any songs, I was just mad at all these #$%^& assholes - I live in the biblebelt of Canada, so you can imagine the looks I get! I wrote down my thoughts and sent it to Johan, and the rest is history!

Oh, and there is one more brother, older than Johan and I. And Patric, I have no idea why I chose Canada as my home - just always wanted to come here since I was about three, so I moved here as soon as I finished "gymnasiet" in Tumba. Now I have a husband and kids here.... Thanks everyone for the download ideas. I have been able to get really good stuff!

Ah, I see. btw, I read that it's legal in Tumba Gymnasium to use mobil phones switched on for school purposes.

Yeah, that sounds like the school I went to..... In regards to outdrinking him, I might be able to do it if I get to use my own home-brewd mead. It kicks ass, but gives really bad hang-overs. Patric, why are you up in the middle of the f-ing night anyhow?