Viking pics?

Dvoters

There is a rain falling
Feb 24, 2002
Canterbury, UK
www.morphusmachine.cjb.net
Hey, I was wondering if any of you knew of a or several website where I can find dranatic pics/drawing of vikings? Ive looked everywhere, cant find.

I am looking for a good pic to put on a piece of grafitti I am working on at the moment :D

Also, what are some other Viking metal bands going around? I know of Thyrfing, thats it

\m/

not to sure bout where to find viking-pics, try searching for "viking" or something like that on google.com picture-search.

but other vikingmetal bands worth checking out are moonsorrow and kampfar, kampfar aren't perhaps the most "viking" but their lyrics often deals with those things.

cheers

yea...just search under any engine...more likely google or excite cus they have seperate searches for pictures...."viking pictures", "vikings", "viking photos" and so on....till ya find something good.

About Viking-Metal bands, here are some you can check out:

Kampfar - As Spaffe said, not the most Vikingish band, but they do have some good stuff.

Windir - Great stuff!!!

Einherjer - One of the most famous Viking-Metal bands, in my opinion the albums "Far, Far, North" and "Dragons of the North" are two of the best albums ever!

Enslaved - Not really my cup of tea, but ok.

Hel - Swedish band, got some nice songs.

Finntroll - Not Viking, but has some nice "battle hymns" ;)

Other viking related bands worth listening to: Kampfar (as they say above), Mithotyn (of course), Wyrd, Enslaved, Windir, thyrfing (as you said yourself), Falkenbach, Månegarm... and so on... Ther is so many great bands in this genre... Try some of these

Full on list more or less of Folk/Pagan/Battle/Viking metal bands.

Amon Amarth (duh)
Finntroll
Kaliban
Ensiferum
Moonsorrow
Mithotyn
Thyrfing
Manegarm
Falkenbach
Vintersorg (Till Fjalls & Odemarkens Son)
Suidakra (!)
Elvenking
Skyclad
Skyforger
Forefather (!)
Summoning
Axamenta
Dagorlad
Bal-Sagoth
Adorned Brood
Alleigance (sweden)
Unleashed (older)
Enslaved (older)
Goat of Mendes
Thundra
Turisas
Rakoth
(very old) Ulver
Storm
Twin Obscenity
Hrossharsgrani
Isengard (from Norway mind you)
In Extremo
Belenos
Himinbjorg
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter (RAWK!)
Raventhrone
Windir
Newer Graveland... sorta
Primordial
Cruachan
Waylander
Falconer
old Ragnarok (nor- their first cd Nattferd)
Ragnarok (uk)
Menhir (HAIL!)
Ordo Draconis
Cadacross
Ancient Rites
Bathory (duh)
Borknagar (the older stuff only)
Einherjer
Fall of the Leafe
Absu (some will see where Im coming from here...)
Forlorn
Hin Onde
Helheim (if you like your VM to blow ass...)
Kampfar
Belinus
Otyg (duh)
Trollheims Grott (in an odd way...)
Ajattara
Runic
Bran Barr
Shadowbreed
Slough Feg (The Lord Weird Slough Feg actually... weird one here)
Tuatha De Danaan
& Insomnium

By the way, Im a Viking Metal God. :)

Moonsorrow is the best viking metal band out there in my opinion. Try out:

Kylän Päässä
Aurinko ja Kuu
Sankaritarina

How could I forget Moonsorrow...?

I really like them, but I always find it a bit annoying when Im not able to understand a single word of the lyrics...

Originally posted by Aggressor
How could I forget Moonsorrow...?

I really like them, but I always find it a bit annoying when Im not able to understand a single word of the lyrics...

:D Yes but that's the best part!

Gah Finntroll! i saw those guys on video and these guys look like 100% totaly fags! and there music sucked BALLS!!! I have party-san videos 00 and 01 and they play teh same time both years! and the FAT lead vocalist screams to the crowd! "U KNOW WHY THE SUN IS SETTING???? BECAUSE WE ARE PLAYING!!!" LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then they start with this fancy dress up party song and its shocking! and with all there face paint.................makes me think whats this world coming to

Originally posted by Metal is Religion
i absolutely love viking metal its sooo pleasing. my favorites are Moonsorrow, Finntroll, and Ensiferum. ahh they are orgasmic!

if those are your favorite VM bands, I *SERIOUSLY* suggest you add:

Kaliban, Cadacross & Suidakra to that list,

Kaliban- The Tempest of Thoughts
Cadacross- Corona Borealis
Suidakra- Lays from Afar, The Arcanum & Emprise to Avalon

Originally posted by PaganBlood
Gah Finntroll! i saw those guys on video and these guys look like 100% totaly fags! and there music sucked BALLS!!! I have party-san videos 00 and 01 and they play teh same time both years! and the FAT lead vocalist screams to the crowd! "U KNOW WHY THE SUN IS SETTING???? BECAUSE WE ARE PLAYING!!!" LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then they start with this fancy dress up party song and its shocking! and with all there face paint.................makes me think whats this world coming to

:D Never heard of the band but after that interesting description I should check them out :D

Is it all symphonic and with that "folky" feel? I'll see with the money I've got left here (gotta invest in some new Destroyer 666, Edge of Sanity and Necrophobic too) hopefully I can spare some for these ummm excentric Finns :D