metal + ballet (2/23)

Sfarog

Trapped in hated logic
Feb 10, 2002
NYC
www.gwynbleidd.com
It had to take a band like Opeth to get me to see ballet (don't know why, the idea of seeing very well shaped flexible young women should be more popular than it is) but it looks like tonight will be the night!

Everyone at the show in Town Hall, NYC, enjoy!

Please enjoy the hell out of yourself tonight all those who cannot make the special performances and especially those who cannot make/did not make any of the performances at all.

And if anyone...happens to bring a recording device....and happens to press the REC button (or REC & PLAY at the same time)....it would happen to be quite appreciated

You "Lucky People."

Enjoy yourselves Opethians and...Don't be late. :)

I don't want to see the set list, I am hoping Opeth might do a Cronology show or three for us in England in the fall...

That is if they're able, they sure have a grueling scheduled tour calender this year.

Take it steady Guys. :)

leigonX said:
They did this last month to Arsis - A diamond for disease

Don't they typically have their "Ballet" show with some extreme music on the PA... as opposed to actually showing up to the bands actual live show and doing a performance? (God, I hope that made sense..) Is this the first time they have actually done that? I wonder of the dancers are nervous about what kind of reception they will get...

Kudos for the guys being so cool to let this happen... and I hope our fellow Opethians are respectful and don't laugh or boo.... I would expect the Ålmighty to smite their asses if necessary, but I'm sure the fans will act appropriately. Especially since we are so much smarter, cultured and diverse, right?

:devil:

Im pretty sure at least James from Arsis played live with them, I dont know about the the drummer. But he played live with them a few times in January.

Mr Samsara said:
Don't they typically have their "Ballet" show with some extreme music on the PA... as opposed to actually showing up to the bands actual live show and doing a performance? (God, I hope that made sense..) Is this the first time they have actually done that? I wonder of the dancers are nervous about what kind of reception they will get...

Kudos for the guys being so cool to let this happen... and I hope our fellow Opethians are respectful and don't laugh or boo.... I would expect the Ålmighty to smite their asses if necessary, but I'm sure the fans will act appropriately. Especially since we are so much smarter, cultured and diverse, right?

:devil:
....word lol...no simple riffs and blast beats for us...nor any of that "lets get a bottle of "JD" and get trashed before the show"

Led Opeth said:
....word lol...no simple riffs and blast beats for us...nor any of that "lets get a bottle of "JD" and get trashed before the show"

Yea, cause your better than those people :Smug:

So are Opeth going to be playing while they do this?

Thanks for the link, myra... but i still dont get the whole thing and dont think ballet + metal is exciting in anyway, no disrespect to any of them. it might be just me, cause I never liked to Watch my music, unless it is a live performance.

Damn...too bad the ballet dancers weren't at the show I went to. I really would've loved to see that. I'm a fan of classical, opera, and respectable dancing as well as having a desperate love of metal, so combining two of my favourite extremes would've been interesting and potentially great.

I don't know if I would have enjoyed it. Aside from the fact that I don't really enjoy ballet, I think it's really sick. I don't think there's anything cool about torturing yourself and damaging your body in order to be able to dance a certain way.

I'm sure it will be cool. I don't think they'd go through all the trouble if it wasn't going to be something really good. Enjoy.

It was actually pretty cool. I saw some people post and say that they didnt go to the music, but the definitely did. I thought it was pretty cool, except for the late people finding their damn seats, blocking my view of the show. It looked like so much fun :lol: