Opener for Opeth's special New York performance on 02/23

Dark One

The Tainted Dogma
Feb 5, 2002
Southwest Florida
www.ultimatemetal.com
A brief and maybe somewhat odd "support show" will be given by the Ballet Deviare in New York on the 23rd of February at the Town Hall Theatre. The performance is called "...And The Devil Knows Why" and they will be dancing to Opeth's track "Deliverance".

Seven%20Performance%20photo%20Large8.jpg

"Ballet Deviare's choreographic projects entail the merging of what may appear at first glance to be complete opposites, the beauty and grace of ballet combined with the power and force of metal music. Not for the faint of heart, Kowalewski's choreographic works range from adagio inspired movements invoked by the darkened melodies of doom, to petit allegro propelled by the double base drums and thunderous riffs of death metal and grind."

Apparently this is going to be very short - but still..... WTF???? :lol:

Ummm...

that kicks an insane amount of ass. Yes, I'm an artfag.

Demilich said:
are they dancing to a recording of the song, or to Opeth playing it live? since they're there anyway you know

Good question - however, I think they're used to dancing to a recording. In addition, they've already been labeled as an "opening act", so I don't think Opeth would be on stage with them or anything.

Demilich said:
It'd be cooler if they were. Ah well, I'm not in NYC, and they're playing here a few days before or after or something.

Heh - I think it's still going to be quite interesting regardless, but yeah, that would've been a sight to see. Not even sure if there would be enough room on stage anyway. Man, the sight of Akerfeldt growling next to one of those dancers would be priceless!

This rules, so far everyone in this thread is responding EXACTLY as per their own stereotype, myself included.

Well look, it goes like this:

Dark One: I'm not entirely for this, but I'll give it a shot.
Demilich: Hey, more power to whoever wants it! Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
Me: Something different and/or weird? OH YES PLEASE!!!
JayK: FUCK CHANGE
Gugs: YEAH, FUCK CHANGE

:loco:

MadeInNewJersey said:
Just fuck ballet dancing opening for a fucking metal show.

Seriously, I can't argue with that mentality for a second. But at the very least, it's hot chicks doing teh ghey dance to "Deliverance". Could be a squillion times better, but it could still be worse. Since it's apparently only for one song, hopefully it won't be too tedious and will lighten the mood in the place up enough for what should be a helluva fun show.

have they played anything from orchid or morningrise on their recent tours (i heard they were playing 'under the weeping moon' for their last euro go.. but not sure??)

spikes77 said:
have they played anything from orchid or morningrise on their recent tours (i heard they were playing 'under the weeping moon' for their last euro go.. but not sure??)

I've never heard anything from, nor have I heard of any recent instances of an Orchid song being played live. In the past few years, Opeth has played "To Bid You Farewell" on the Damnation tour and "Advent" from Morningrise during the "Deliverance" tour I believe.

Personally, I would kill to see "The Twilight Is My Robe", "In Mist She Was Standing", "Nectar" or "Black Rose Immortal" played live.

Jason