Metal bands with melodic female vocals

x L3G4CY o

New Metal Member
Apr 21, 2010
Idk how to explain what im looking for, just whatever u guys can give me is appreciated.

There are a lot of metal bands with melodic female vocals, and I mean a lot. Is there anything you're specifically looking for. Most are usually Gothic or Doom Metal.

Im aiming for something around the vocals of evanesence, and the actual music like kittie or arch enemy

So Amy Lee's vocals but with heavier instruments. Kittie an Arch Enemy have a very different sound imo, Kittie being nu/ alternative metal and Arch enemy being melodic death metal, but I'll see what I can come up with.

Lacuna Coil may be what you're looking for although you've probably already heard of them. Crystal Viper maybe, although I think their vocalist has a more aggressive approach. Definitely try them out though. That's Lacuna Coil and Crystal Viper. I'll try and come up with more later.

yea ive heard of lacuna coil tho, i couldnt really get into them
and Crystal Viper is kinda what im looking for, anything else like them would be great

If you don't mind a little bit of growling mixed in, I'd definitely recommend The Agonist and The Project Hate MCMXCIX. They're both Melodic Death Metal bands with an Arch Enemy feel that feature clean female vocals. The Project Hate actually has two singers, a guy doing the growling and a girl doing the singing, while The Agonist has a girl doing both.

Yeah, I really like the Agonist. My favourite song is "...And their Eulogies sang me to sleep". They have two full length albums if you're interested. Most people here hate them though. I actually started a thread on them when I first joined and got flamed. Horribly. :erk:

Damn glad i found this site finally find some great music but to add to the list what about Tarja Turunen she good

Check these out:

Dotma (releasing the debut on March 22, pre orders available here) - symphonic and diverse with some catchy riffing here and there:

Aghora - a bit more jazzy, but on the other side they get pretty heavy at times:

Last edited by a moderator:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Tot-dYAU8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Tot-dYAU8[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: oh wow this got necro-ed hard.

Haha, oops!

But yeah, Alas is kinda awesome, although I don't think the vocals complement the music that well. Which is weird, cos she sounds better on the other releases that i've heard...

Anyways, Erik Rutan is the man. His contribution makes all the albums so much better (Domination and Gateways by MA for example)!