this is a bow:

bow_arrow_safety.jpg

I can't see a single one on those pants

Not mentioned so far:
Oliver Holzwarth (Sieges Even)
Ralph Hubert (Mekong Delta)
Ron Broder aka Ron Royce (Coroner)

Md Player said:
Yeah, its true that Patterson wrote the basslines.I remember that Tony Choy had managed to play the basslines that Roger Patterson wrote in 6 months.:)(I have read it in somewhere but i dont remember where:))
I think it was on the Bassists of Death website that's now gone.

Susperia said:
Hahah, it's supposed to be funny guys--- There are five bows, count them, FIVE bows on those pants, plus shiny stuff!

Actually, it's a little known fact that bows help you blend in with the foliage, thus inhancing the camo blend in with the flage and camouflaging.]

NEAT.

Also, the bassist from Death (as someone else already mentioned) is/was very good.

Alex Webster: Cannibal Corpse
Steve Digiorgio
Jo Bech: Bolt Thrower
Varg Vikernes: Burzum
Cliff Burton, ROb Trujillo: Metallica
Cradle of Filth's first two bassists
Les Claypool (funk metal): Primus
Geezer Butler: BLack Sabbath
Tony Choy, Roger Patterson: Atheist
John Myung: Dream Theater
must I go on?

Grave Digger said:
This is the one thing that pisses me off about metal. Metal Bassists don't get the credit they desurve. It's mostly about vocals and guitars.
It's there own fault, they let themselves get pushed over.

They just play the roots and get totally overpowered, they're inaudible, we can't hear em. And if there just gonna play the roots, especially when most bands have a rhythm guitarist already doing that, they might as well not even have a bass player.

Alex Webster
Steve Harris
Martin Mendez
Dave Ellefson
Tony Choy
Geezer Butler
Cliff Burton
Robert Trujillo
Rex Brown (yeah, you read that right)
Marco Hietala (for his work in Sinergy)

Don't any of you rate Jason Newsted?

I don't think he was able to reach his full potential when he was with Metallica. He is a great/underrated bassist.:headbang:

vixenrouge said:
Don't any of you rate Jason Newsted?

I don't think he was able to reach his full potential when he was with Metallica. He is a great/underrated bassist.:headbang:

No he isn't. As mentioned millions of times, Alex Webster, Tony Choy, Steve DiGiorgio, Roger Patterson, David Vincent, Glenn Benton (well, I like him anyway), Tom Araya, Cliff Burton, Lemmy Kilmiester, Tyr, Steve Harris, Geezer Butler... jesus fuck, at this point I'm just masturbating with a keyboard. Everybody knows this stuff!

i agree steve harris is great i myself play bass and agree it is difficult to hear sometimes. other bassists that are good are markus grosskopf from helloween
and of course Jhonny Lee Middleton From Savatage

ProjectedBlack said:
I always liked Necrobutcher from Mayhem

YES. Man this guy is overlooked. He very much has his own style and the sound he has on Chimera, more specificially the song Impious Devious Leper Lord is awesome.