Metal Blade 20th Anniversary Party LA?!?

Mr Toast

Threadslayer
Aug 1, 2002
www.mrtoast.com
What happened with this? The Engine boards have no mention of this, and I'm not finding any other mention so far...

edit: Apparently the Vehemence guys (also on UM here) had a great time!

Were you able to attend, Keyser? Anyone else?

I was there, Engine played, as did Lizzy Borden and Armored Saint. I left during the 1st Cannibal Corpse song, as soon as their so called "vocalist" started.

Yes the Anniversary show was very cool, We played first and started off the evening. Brian Slagel was almost late and pushed back our set time so he could watch us in time, he did get there on time and while we were just sitting around it was time for us to go on. We played 4 songs 21min set.

FANTASY ROM PAIN
SHE NEVER NOTICED ME
GOD WAS CREATED
KILL FOR GOD

I wore my shirt backwards becayse the statment I wanted to get across was on my shirt called I AM MY OWN SAVIOR Lots of publicity for this show, so pictures should turn up sooner or later. I tried my hardest to promote this show but I cant reach everyone..just to hard. Thanks for showing up, it was very cool to meet the people responsible for Vehemence's success like Ray Alder of Engine/Fates Warning all the MBR Germany crew. There was also a Pre Party at the Rainbow Room. Amon Amarth's singer Johan was also around hanging out from Sweden. Cannibal was pretty sick. Our interview with Much Music USA on Uranium is shown Jan 3, 2003 on Digital Cable.

Originally posted by Jeff Milne
I was there, Engine played, as did Lizzy Borden and Armored Saint. I left during the 1st Cannibal Corpse song, as soon as their so called "vocalist" started.

Awww, what's the matter Jeff? You don't like guys that sing like the Cookie Monster? :D

"'C' is for 'cookie,' and cookie is for me!"

You know, I would truly love to see one of these Death Metal bands cover that song. It doesn't really matter who it is that is singing on it. The singers in Death Metal all sound the same to me. :p

I AM THERE! Halford guitarist "Metal Mike" also has a side project called Pain Museum which is supposed to be in-your-face METAL, with SINGING (in the vein of Resurrection).

BTW, did you know that Wes Borland (ex-Limp Bizkit) left that band because Fred Dickhead wouldn't let him play lead guitar solos (this guy SHREDS) and is starting his own band with a SINGER, not wannabe rapper? The ads for a vocalist repeated state: "Must SING. NO RAP."

Yea, I'm there too. BIG TIME! I've seen almost every tour by Halford since the early 80's. Painkiller was my favorite tour until I saw his Resurrection/Insurrection tour this last year or so. I was blown away at how many great songs he played (from early Priest to late Priest, Fight, and new Halford stuff). I think it was the most I've ever heard him sing high SCREAMING notes so many times before. But now to hear him play in a small venue (HOB) it's just going to be !@#$ING WILD!

I've not heard about the Pain Museum project nor about why Wes Borland left Limp Bizkit. Gunna have to check into this Pain Museum and keep my eye open Wes Borlands new band.