metal 'clubs'

I used to live in that area and went to the Lost Horizon for shows all the time in the late '80's. Great place, great memories, so many great thrash bands:
Overkill
Flotsam & Jetsam
M.O.D.
Testament
Vio-lence
Voivod
Kreator
King Diamond
Exodus
Anthrax
Metal Church
D.R.I.
Destruction
Gwar
Mindfunk
Coroner
Forbidden
Death Angel
Motorhead
:headbang::kickass::headbang::kickass::headbang:

Killer Dwarfs :lol:

I agree, it was a great, kinda a home away from home for me I guess, if I wasnt playing there I was watching one of my friends bands or a national. I did shots with Lemmy when Motorhead played there. It was my fanboy moment. Alot of great bands played there--well when there was a good scene in Syracuse

One of our favourite places just closed doors recently..
They played almost anything metal, from the weirdest UG black/death to the latest Sonata. If they had it on their CD-wall, they would play it. If asked nicely :heh: They also played your demo's, which was nice.

RIP Rusty Angel :kickass:

I agree, it was a great, kinda a home away from home for me I guess, if I wasnt playing there I was watching one of my friends bands or a national. I did shots with Lemmy when Motorhead played there. It was my fanboy moment. Alot of great bands played there--well when there was a good scene in Syracuse

What band were you in? I don't remember the local scene being that big. I remember Sacred Death, Mayhem, Toxic Shock, Below Zero (don't think they were exactly local though) and a hardcore band called Industrial Strength which I had a very short stint in.

What band were you in? I don't remember the local scene being that big. I remember Sacred Death, Mayhem, Toxic Shock, Below Zero (don't think they were exactly local though) and a hardcore band called Industrial Strength which I had a very short stint in.

Sacred Death--I hated them, total bandwagon band, although 2 of the guys wound up in the first version of Belladonna (along with Joe Stump who is a pretentious asshole)

Bands I was involved with were Atomic Fear(later became caninechrist, and ViolentFury)

Mayhem was the only local band that I really liked and was familiar with. Didn't know that about SD. I just recently got that Belladonna cd. Man that guitar tone sounds bad. Sounds like it was recorded with an untreated iso cab. ViolentFury sounds kind of familiar. I think I remember that name the more I think about it. Did you used to practice at Albinos?

Mayhem was the only local band that I really liked and was familiar with. Didn't know that about SD. I just recently got that Belladonna cd. Man that guitar tone sounds bad. Sounds like it was recorded with an untreated iso cab. ViolentFury sounds kind of familiar. I think I remember that name the more I think about it. Did you used to practice at Albinos?

Yup, lost all of my gear when the fire happened, it sucked. I still have the news coverage on vhs somewhere around here.

The 1st Belladonna cd originally had a wall of guitar, the guitar player Darin actually has been around the Syracuse scene along time. Alex did a really good job of it but Joey didnt want the guitars to overshadow his vocals. I dont know if you remember the band mannslaughter but the drummer and bass player were on that album, although Bones the bassist was screwed out of the credits and received a thanks in the liner notes

Yup, lost all of my gear when the fire happened, it sucked. I still have the news coverage on vhs somewhere around here.

The 1st Belladonna cd originally had a wall of guitar, the guitar player Darin actually has been around the Syracuse scene along time. Alex did a really good job of it but Joey didnt want the guitars to overshadow his vocals. I dont know if you remember the band mannslaughter but the drummer and bass player were on that album, although Bones the bassist was screwed out of the credits and received a thanks in the liner notes

That sucks big time. What gear did you have/use then? JCM 800?

Man, I totally lucked out from that fire. I was auditioning for Industrial Strength the night before. I had just recently bought a Marshall Silver Jubilee half stack and lugged it over there. When we were done it was assumed that I would leave it there but I thought "no, I don't think so. There's no way in hell I'm gonna take a chance on someone breaking in and stealing it" so I made them help me carry it to my car. lol. The next day was big shock, relief and bummer all at once.
Did you ever hear how the fire started? I never did.

Not sure about Mannslaughter. Maybe. I can't remember. So the first Belladonna album were those 3 guys and I guess 2 guitar players from SD?

That sucks big time. What gear did you have/use then? JCM 800?

Man, I totally lucked out from that fire. I was auditioning for Industrial Strength the night before. I had just recently bought a Marshall Silver Jubilee half stack and lugged it over there. When we were done it was assumed that I would leave it there but I thought "no, I don't think so. There's no way in hell I'm gonna take a chance on someone breaking in and stealing it" so I made them help me carry it to my car. lol. The next day was big shock, relief and bummer all at once.
Did you ever hear how the fire started? I never did.

Not sure about Mannslaughter. Maybe. I can't remember. So the first Belladonna album were those 3 guys and I guess 2 guitar players from SD?

I should have phrased it better about Belladonna, the first version of his solo act was the guys from SD but his first recording band was the guys from mannslaughter. He went through alot of musicians, alot of them were disgruntled for one reason or another

In the fire I lost my marshall jcm800 half stack, 86 Kramer Vanguard (loved that guitar), BR Rich Mockingbird, half a dozen pedals, a beatup PA system, and if memory serves correctly 2 cases of Utica Club beer

Security at that place wasnt as bad as the next warehouse that popped up (I forget the streets but on the north side of Syracuse), our band room was broken into twice, first time our other guitarist had his gear ripped off, and the second our bass player had his stuff stolen(1 rickenbacker and his amp). After the first time I started bringing my guitar home

went to a 'metal night' at a place here in SLC called club vegas.

now don't get me wrong, my band plays here all the time, and for metal, it's the best place to go here.

BUT, it was 'metal night' with a DJ like has been described here before.

the most metal song they played was puritania by dimmu. other than that it was similar to what the OP had to listen to.

well i got the 'Black Sheep Bar', croydon, south london. and its not that bad, i mean they do play aload of nu-metal stuff etc, but they do play some good shit too. and the Live engineer for this place is wicked. one of the sickest engineers in this area lol

i believe they are a metal bar, but they do have differant nights through out the week. e.g. gay night, metal night, indie night, i dunno... chavvy night? lol haha but first friday of every month....fetish night! haha u get in free if your dressed up.. but its good, there was once an incedent involving a drill, and dildo and plenty of blood on the stage.. lol