Metal concert shirt rules

I usually don't wear a bands shirt to their show but I don't really pay attention to it. My friends and used to have a rule that was to NOT listen to the band we're seeing that night on the ride to the show.

Damn it! I forgot to get a MMD shirt in Chicago!!

They were also $15!! Fucking shit!

jdelpi said:
Yeah, I almost bought a Rush shirt, but I decided they weren't worth $30. I'll get one online and onsale from Rush's official site from a past tour or album. I didn't buy a $35 Iron Maiden shirt last year either, but that was a nice Armored Saint shirt you wore to the show...

I wish I would have saw a $35 Maiden Shirt. When I saw em on the Give Me Ed Tour shirts wer like 50-100 bucks.

jdelpi said:
Yeah, I almost bought a Rush shirt, but I decided they weren't worth $30. I'll get one online and onsale from Rush's official site from a past tour or album. I didn't buy a $35 Iron Maiden shirt last year either, but that was a nice Armored Saint shirt you wore to the show...

I love that Saint shirt. I dunno if I still have it. I go thru so many clothes and only have so much closet space. My Goodwill store loves me. That Saint shirt came from my buddy who owns the record store. He also gave me a sweet Sabbath shirt.

jdelpi said:
You wear the same shirt to every single concert. Well, then I guess you didn't wear it to Life of Agony...
i stopped wearing that LOA shirt to shows because i always get cornered by some guy at the bar that has some life changing story about LOA or need to tell me about their LOA hockey jersey.

TD said:
Also, consider the bands I see: Slayer, SJR, and Anthrax w/ Pentagrams? Yeah, those shirts will go over nicely at church or at the local BW3's.

Thank god I don't give a fuck if sumone dosen't like what I'm wearing. And yes, I have been to church wearing a SLAYER shirt. It's about WHY ur there...not WHAT you wear.

And I could give a damn about being "That Guy". Wear what u want. I usually rep. another band at a show, but not to say I wouldn't rep the band I'm seein'.

I actually go to a concert with a blank shirt and at the end of the concert I buy a shirt there and replace the shirt with my sweat and everybody elses.. its very convinient!!! especially since concerts are always 2 hours and a half away from my home... it makes du for a more confortable ride home!!!

GregadetH said:
Thank god I don't give a fuck if sumone dosen't like what I'm wearing. And yes, I have been to church wearing a SLAYER shirt. It's about WHY ur there...not WHAT you wear.

And I could give a damn about being "That Guy". Wear what u want. I usually rep. another band at a show, but not to say I wouldn't rep the band I'm seein'.
I'd love to see that church :loco: Must be full of winners.

GregadetH said:

I just don't go to church. Does that mean I'm going to hell?

i dont really see the 'not wearing a bands t shirt to see them' thing is about, i wouldnt really pay attention to it so what i wear would be luck i guess

the rule about not listening to a band before you see them is a good one though. listening to similar stuff is cool though, side projects, similar genres etc...

David

It's a gay rule but I allways follow it. I usually don't buy band shirts anymore anyway. I hate wearing black and 99% of them are so I don't bother. I did get a black Pentathrax shirt the last Thrax show I went to though. :Spin:

AlexStomp said:
I just don't go to church. Does that mean I'm going to hell?
Nah, my god wouldn't send you to hell for that. I don't go every week by any means, but I like to visit often. I've got lots of co-workers and students who are always wanting me to go w/ them, so I guess I am a "church hopper." I always feel invigorated after going, like somebody has my back. Also, all of my Masonic & Alladine Shrine functions are done under the watchful eye of God, so I get my spiritual fix that way.

TD said:
Also, all of my Masonic & Alladine Shrine functions are done under the watchful eye of God, so I get my spiritual fix that way.
that one cracks me up, "The watchful eye of god"...lol good way to put it.

I don't go to church anymore, havent in years..anyway I didnt mean to turn this into a church or not to church thread.

On with the t-shirt discussion!

If I have a shirt for the band I am seeing, I will usually wear that. If not, I will wear whichever shirt I feel like wearing that night, but I always wear a band shirt of some sort to the show.

Scott

NP: Iced Earth - The Melancholy E.P.

Last year I went to see Fates Warning/Queensrÿche/Dream Theater and I had my Seven Witches tee (Joey Vera's 315th band). During the Fates set, Joey spotted me sitting there in the 2nd row and he pointed me and thumped his chest and went like "YEAH!" - 'cause the Seven Witches logo is up front - needless to say, 5 first rows were like "wtf!?!?"... I like encouraging the unknown bands more than the "famous ones". That's why I have shirts like Seven Witches, Jag Panzer, Cauldron Born, Skullview etc..

I've worn the band's shirt, worn that band's old concert shirt and worn another band's concert shirt. Personally, i don't care! I do always wear some type of concert T though--I have some friends who wear normal clothes. I also always wear shorts or jeans, tennis shoes or hiking shoes, and I never tuck my shirt! Usually i spend some amount of time in the mosh pit, even though i am an old man and it's not worth tucking in the shirt or trying to look pretty. I am way too heavy to stage-dive so I have never bothered doing that! I don't want to be that lard ass that always lands on me that I get pissed off at!

I have a lot of T's that i will often wear in the yard now. My neighbors think i am a whacko. I try to avoid wearing pentagrams and shit like that cause i don't want my kids friends' parents to not let them play together for fear of me killing them and boiling their fat, but having Maiden's Eddie or something a little off--if they can't deal with that--fuck em. I bought my son a couple Toddler size Metallica T's. Before you rip on me, remember very few metal bands have toddler clothing sizes. It's fun to freak out my cul-de-sac!

GASOLINEDREAM said:
I also always wear shorts or jeans,

I never wear shorts, although I might change that policy when I go to Ozzfest. I don't know if blue jeans might be a bad idea in the heat all day long. I started this policy after I went to see Slayer at the State Theater in Detroit on the Diabolus in Musica tour. When I went to put my pants in the dirty clothes the next day, I discovered that one of the legs had a big smear of blood on it. Had I been wearing shorts, it would have been all over my leg.

Scott