Metal Effect Pedal

Cromlechbeag

New Metal Member
Nov 22, 2006
Eire
I'm looking for a guitar effects pedal as a present for someone. Haven't a clue myself which one would be suited for him. He plays Death/Black metal mostly. I was told the Boss MT2 Metal Zone was a good choice but I was also told to look into the Zoom G2.1u guitar effects pedal.

Don't know if anyone can help me here but I thought this'd be as good a place to start.

Niamh.

well i can get a really awesome death metal sound out of my pod xt but thats another story.

I had a Boss MT2 back in the day, it sounded awesome by itself with no band, but when you use with the band, your sound turns to a horrible mush of bass and treble, you would HAVE to use an eq with it to get any use from it,

I also had a Boss HM2 Hypermetal, that sounded TITS! the only problem is it didnt have much gain, so i ran a DS1 into it to drive it a bit harder and from memory it was so much better than my MT2..:( unfortunately i sold the DS1 and HM2 to get the MetalZone...what a mistake!

also check out the older boss pedals, hypermetal HM3 and digital metalizer are also good!

I agree with Parsons Matt, so, just get them a really good EQ pedal and then they can tone shape anyway they like! If they can't use an EQ pedal, then they are already very happy with their equipment. Most people will be amazed at how much use they can get out of an EQ pedal though.

Reb that's actually an awesome suggestion! A Boss or MXR graphic EQ pedal is a great gift idea for any guitarist. The GE-7 is the only pedal I regret selling when I got my Line 6 head.