Metal Hammer Dimebag Tribute disc

This CD is generally pretty awful. The only really decent cover is the Evile one, cos they didn't fuck with it too much, but it still sounds fresh. The rest of the covers are just the same song with awful vocals (which makes listening to them pointless when you can listen to the far superior originals, only Phil can sing Pantera), or sound like they've tried really hard to make it different from the original, and ended up shoehorning crap into the already awesome song. Do some of these guys not realize you can't improve on the originals? So why try?

i agree with dave, i hate covers for the most part cos cunts ruin them.

evile win'd though cos they "did it rite" and they have the awesome talent and knowledge to know how to "do it rite" i think you have to respect the band your covering to do it and do it good. unlike cunts like bullet... FUCK YOU BULLET YOU BAG OF DICK, FUCK YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TO HELL.

also. FUCK YOU BULLET.

evile win'd though cos they "did it rite" and they have the awesome talent and knowledge to know how to "do it rite" i think you have to respect the band your covering to do it and do it good. unlike cunts like bullet... FUCK YOU BULLET YOU BAG OF DICK, FUCK YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TO HELL.

also. FUCK YOU BULLET.

Did you listen to Throwdown's? They "did it rite"*

*Rite = Right, LEARN 2 ERRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNGLISH DIDDAI.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bullet are terrible... but what have they got to do with anything Diddy? :lol: They didn't even play on this CD!

Did you listen to Throwdown's? They "did it rite"*

*Rite = Right, LEARN 2 ERRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNGLISH DIDDAI.

haha i know always say rite :D and yeah throwdowns was okay. but it wasnt spectacular like eviles. so id just listen to the original :/ like eviles is the same, but different. like matts singing, its ace.

also :lol: podgie i hate them because they raped and pillaged crazy train, and randy rhoads is one of my gods :D they did what is a UNFORGIVABLE CRIME, when someone covers a god tier song and rapes the shit out of it (makes it sound like themselves) FUCK THAT SHIT.

i hate it more than being dickslapped in the face by ronald mcdonald and his whore sister shaniqua.

yeah BFMV's cover of creeping death is just a joke. they should never cover anything besides my chemical romance

also. FUCK YOU BULLET.

This post is borderline pointless. :lol:
I enjoy Bullet For My Valentine, and their cover of Creeping Death is fine in my opinion. BUT, this is a topic about Evile.

I thought Cemetery Gates was ok, its just that Phil's vocals were so perfect in the original that they can never be surpassed by another singer. He added so many little accentuations to the words. Take "Through all those complex years, I thought I was alone" for example. Matt sang it fine, but Phil seemed like he sang with such sheer power and emotion. I get shivers most of the times that I hear it :lol:

This posts is borderline pointless. :lol:
I enjoy Bullet For My Valentine, and their cover of Creeping Death is fine in my opinion. BUT, this is a topic about Evile.

I thought Cemetery Gates was ok, its just that Phil's vocals were so perfect in the original that they can never be surpassed by another singer. He added so many little accentuations to the words. Take "Through all these complex years, I thought I was alone" for example. Matt sang it fine, but Phil seemed like he sang with such sheer power and emotion. I get shivers most of the times that I hear it :lol:

Thats true, I thought the same as well, but Matt's version or interpretation was just a perfect way to add a little twist to it- in which I believe every cover should have. I think there are no possible way to cover a song as emotional as the original, especially not the vocals based on lyrical appeal

Phil sang that song perfectly, with depth, geniune depth. Theres no way anyone can equal what he did with that song.

Well considering he was the first one to do it since he wrote it....

Although I reckon that if your rendition had come first (i.e. Cemetery Gates was an Evile song and Pantera covered it) then people would say otherwise - why? Because its a cover.

No one fucks with Phil Anselmo though, he's incredible.

He's an incredible arse, your right there Dave.

I don't really like the guy, he comes across all nicey nicey with fans and shit, then in interviews he's doing the macho man act as if he's the toughest guy on the face of the planet. Also, the last interview I saw with him I could not understand a word he was saying. I just found his voice annoying. Like too deep for its own good.

He has done some outstanding music though.