Metal in the South

Malaresia

Queen of Disaster
Jun 24, 2004
Purgatory's Bay
I live (USA) in the SOUTH and if any of you all live there, you know it's like the worst place for a metalhead to live. For all these people know, the only kind of music that exists is rap and country and there are NO shows. :hotjump: Dude.. im soo totally screwed.... :yell: does anyone else live in the South..??

I'm in Texas. I have no problem finding metal CDs. There's a lot of rap and country, but I don't mind country music. Rap sucks, though. I don't go to shows, so that doesn't bother me.

Asheville is no mecca of metal, that's for sure. About the only place that ever has show's is Ground Zero in Spartanburg, SC which is about 75 miles south. And sadly they don't have nearly as many shows there as they used to. But it's better than nothing.
The South in general isn't very good for any extreme metal acts. You can probably thank all of the retarded bible bashers for that.
Seriously though, just about anywhere in the country, the only place's you'll get show's is in larger city's. And that goes for finding cd shop's with a good selection of underground stuff.
Could be worse, you could live in an utter shithole like the Middle East.

West Virginia has a decent local scene, but it's mostly punk. I'd say on average, there are about five good metal shows in a year. Better than nothing. I'm moving to Spartanburg next week, so I'll be within a stones throw of Ground Zero. Shame I missed the Cannibal Corpse show there last night.

God damn the north. :p

Sucks for you guys, I'm about 20 miles from New York City, and pretty much every good metal tour stops at NYC for a show, so I get to go to all of them. .........haha suckers. Not to mention the number of underground metal stores dotting the tri-state area.

Why is it that people automatically associate NYC with danger, you fucking people sure have succumb to the media's attempt to keep America in a state of fear. Uh Oh were in a code orange, I'm glad the government fabricated a terrorist threat meter, now i can be sure to buy extra supplies and gas masks. I better move, the terrorists might accidentally fly a plane 20 miles off course and blow up my towns municipal building.

besides an occassional show at Toads (In Flames, sometimes) or some shit hardcore band at the Webster, no one ever goes to Connecticut. We have to drive to the Palladium and somtimes that is hell with our schedules.

Am I not seeing the post that associated NYC with danger? Or is Minion520 just an assuming jackass?

As Darkness Eternal said, try living in a small town in the UK. We get utterly fuck all here, when we do, its always in London and London only, which gets very expensive to keep travelling to. The nearest metal stores are in London, the best album shops are in London or the internet. Cambridgeshire sucks big, sloppy, donkey cock when it comes to metal - its all shitty ska-punk, emo, indie and nu-metal

None_So_Vile said:
As Darkness Eternal said, try living in a small town in the UK. We get utterly fuck all here, when we do, its always in London and London only, which gets very expensive to keep travelling to. The nearest metal stores are in London, the best album shops are in London or the internet. Cambridgeshire sucks big, sloppy, donkey cock when it comes to metal - its all shitty ska-punk, emo, indie and nu-metal

Bah, piss off, Cambridgeshire is still close to London :p Try living in the grim north :cool: