Metal Mondays In Kansas City

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
Interesting I wonder what happened to the post. The thread wasnt deleted but just the content.

Here is the track listing for the mix cd from last night:

1. Black Majesty – Tomorrowland
2. Poisonblack - Exciter
3. Visions Divine – 25th hour
4. Racer X – Miss Mistreated
5. Behemoth – Inner Sanctum
6. Mekong Delta – Imagination
7. Lions Share – Edge of a Razor
8. Shaaman – Distant Thunder
9. 3 Inches of Blood – Night Marauders
10. Star One – Highmoon
11. Amorphis – A Servant
12. Blind Guardian – Mordred’s Song
13. Riverside – 02 Panic Room
14. The Project Hate – At The Entrance To Hell’s Unholy Fire
15. Kalmah – Black Rojia
16. Samael – Year Zero

Decent turn out last night as well around 20 people again.

Probably because no one knows why the thread is even here in the first place (not saying that in a testy way, but I have no idea why it's significant in the Vintersorg forum that it's METAL MONDAYS!!!! in Kansas).

Also, Year Zero is an awful song from an awful album. Shouldn't play any Samael past Passage, it's a crime in most states (except Kansas, apparently).

Probably because no one knows why the thread is even here in the first place (not saying that in a testy way, but I have no idea why it's significant in the Vintersorg forum that it's METAL MONDAYS!!!! in Kansas).

U never know where u might find a metal dork from kansas that would want to hear about this.

Also, Year Zero is an awful song from an awful album. Shouldn't play any Samael past Passage, it's a crime in most states (except Kansas, apparently).

The "Exodus" MCD fucking rocks, "Eternal" has it's moments, "Reign Of Light" was awful (except On Earth) and the new seems promising - haven't heard it yet.

The two "new" songs on Exodus are pretty mediocre, and while the re-recordings of old songs are pretty good, he does manage to ruin a great redo of Son of Earth by turning it into Barbie World from Aqua at the end of the song.

The only song I find myself listening to from Eternal is the Cross... it's not a bad album, in the sense that at least some effort was made. Reign of Light is possibly the worst album I've heard in like 10 years, it sounds like a bad Rammstein (and I hate that band to begin with).

Has there ever been a band more thoroughly ruined by the techno craze of the second half of the 1990s as Samael was? Someone please tell Vorphalack that it's 2007, not 1997.

'bad rammstein', I don't even know what to say to that. Rammstein are as bad as they can be on their own. Samael's previous albums ain't a bad album. The new one however is completely amazing. One of the better albums of 2007...

Here is a little preview of this weeks mix:

July 23 2007

New Stuff........

ANUBIS GATE – Danish Progressive Power, has a slightly darker overtone kind of like NEVERMORE only more melodic I wanna say, but dont think that it is right

CAGE – Power Metal from San Diego, JUDAS PRIEST sped up to about 200 beats per minute

ENTOMBED – Death Metal, one of the inventors of the Swedish Death Metal

Not so new stuff.......

DIECAST – Metalcore, probably the finest Metalcore around

THURSAZ – Belgian Melodic Black, think old EMPEROR with some melodic parts. Most recently they Chicago Powerfest along with NOVEMBER'S DOOM and ATHEIST.

BLACK ABYSS – German Power Metal, HELLOWEEN worship done right