Metal musicians with music degrees

.....because majority of the population who spends their time listening to whatever music care if it's legit or proper. fuck them, seems like they don't understand what the point of music is and are in their own little world.

Being a musician and playing an instrument has nothing to do with a 'degree' or being proper or legit.

Why don't we just lump music in with Doctors and Rocket Science now.

because people that play metal music are the only musicians in history that don't have a degree.

what music do these people listen to ?

musicians need a degree in art ? what

:lol:

how asinine

elevator.jpg

Like I said, they are probably pretentious classicalfag posers.

Pretty much.

Elevator music fans.

"The shnazzy music that plays in elevators, supermarkets, cheep family restaurants, amusement park lines, and the YMCA's men locker room. Useually jazz or classical."

Add the Dentist office, not just cheap restaurants either.

Cheap clothing stores in malls.

Classical and elevator music are pretty much on the opposite ends of the spectrum.

yeah really? Classical music is often extremely well composed, far superior to almost any musical form in terms of pure composition (that's not to say that it's the most enjoyable to listen to at all), whereas elevator music is recycled jazz

I know her music is quite laughably bad, but The Great Kat went to a music school and got a degree. Even if her albums are pure laughable wankery.

though I do get a bit turned on by her lyrics.

Sean Malone from Cynic, Death, Gordian Knot

From Wikipedia:
In the academic field, Malone has had papers on theory and music cognition published and given presentations at conferences such as the Society for Music Theory and The Glenn Gould Conference, and is teacher as well as finishing his Doctoral studies in Music Theory at Florida State University.

The only redeeming factor of art education is that it can make it easier for you to visualize your ideas by giving you technique. Anything other than that is bullshit, and strays from what is the core of art; expressing yourself. Of course now I'm talking from a performer's perspective.