Metal News Thread

Bathory's NORDLAND is a nordic metal masterpiece. The kings of nordic metal emerge with a twin album release. This is the first of two parts of the "Nordland" saga. One full hour of typical bombastic and multilayered BATHORY. 12 page CD booklet. A must to every fan of Bathory's nordic metal !

Brand new release (and last one?), by this moody gothic rock Swedish metallers. "The Neonai" is based on their latter efforts, "A Crimson Cosmos" and "Forever Autumn" with 70s psychedelic and somber electronic elements. Also, features the sweet voice of Jennie Tebler (known from "A Crimson Cosmos.")

News about Blind Guardian Open Air 2003!

NAPALM DEATH and SOILWORK are among the latest acts to have been confirmed for the inaugural installment of the Blind Guardian Open Air festival, which is scheduled to take place on June 13-14, 2003 at BGS Open Air Arena in Coburg/Bamberg, Germany.

The complete list of artists currently set to appear at the event is as follows:

Friday, June 13:
BLIND GUARDIAN
SUBWAY TO SALLY
GRAVE DIGGER
BRAINSTORM
A.O.K.
WHITE SKULL
BLACKENED

Saturday, June 14:
BLIND GUARDIAN
RAGE
PRIMAL FEAR
SOILWORK
NAPALM DEATH
FREEDOM CALL
TANKARD
MAGO DE OZ
STORMHAMMER
GALADRIEL

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

NP: Nightwish - Pharao sails to Orion :headbang:

Yeah, it is! :headbang:
Thinking about going Steve?
I want to see those bands live! Specially Freedom Call since they are one of my favorite bands..I'm sure they rule live! :)
Maybe Mob Rules will play on BGS Open Air too..that isn't conformed yet though..Lets hope so... it would be interesting to see them play live..

NP: Fatal Smile - No love

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior
Yeah, it is! :headbang:
Thinking about going Steve?
I want to see those bands live! Specially Freedom Call since they are one of my favorite bands..I'm sure they rule live! :)
Maybe Mob Rules will play on BGS Open Air too..that isn't conformed yet though..Lets hope so... it would be interesting to see them play live..

NP: Fatal Smile - No love

Yeah, I am thinking about i t having seen that line up! Damn cool I reckon. I'll see if I can get any of the other guys interested

BLACK MAJESTY: New Melodic Metal from Down Under Here's a name to remember; Black Majesty, a band from Melbourne following the success of Pegazus and Vanishing Point, is currently in the studio preparing their first full length attack on the European metal crowd.

Now it's official the touring slots for the HAMMERFALL European Tour. These are the two bands: From beginning until they reach Vienna, the support bands will be MASTERPLAN and NOSTRADAMEUS. From Langen (Germany) till the end the support acts will be MASTERPLAN and DREAM EVIL.

Official information about the next album from LOST HORIZON has been announced.

The album will be titled "A Flame To The Ground Beneath" and will be released on February 10th 2003.

CIRCLE II CIRCLE, the new band fronted by former Savatage singer Zac Stevens, has announced the lineup of musicians appearing on the group's debut CD, "Watching In Silence", due for release in February/March 2003 via AFM Records.

Zak Stevens - vocals
Matt LaPorte - lead guitar
David "Cid" Rogers - lead guitar
John Zahner - keys
Kevin Rothner - bass
Christopher Kinder – drums

Got these from an email update...might be of interest:

URIAH HEEP
Bristol University
MON 02/12/2002
(where playing in Manchester on the wednesday but it is cancelled :()

OPETH
London Mean Fiddler - Over 16's
WED 04/12/2002

WATERDOWN (saw these guys supporting Earthtone9 back in April...)
Manchester University
THU 13/02/2003

Camden Underworld, London
FRI 14/02/2003

Ifor Bach, Womanby St, Cardiff
SAT 15/02/2003

Concorde 2, Brighton
SUN 16/02/2003

Oxford Zodiac
SUN 16/02/2003

(don't ask me how they can be in Oxford and Brighton at the same time :S)

EMPEROR To Issue 'Best Of' Collection In March - Oct. 29

The now-defunct EMPEROR will issue a "best of" collection, titled "Scattered Ashes - A Decade of Emperial Wrath", through Candlelight Records in March. "Put together in cooperation with guitarist Samoth, the album is a fitting soundtrack for a band that will forever remain critical to [black metal]'s rise to popularity," states an official press release.

More Metalnews: NOSTRADAMEUS
Swedish melodic metal act NOSTRADAMEUS have set Jan. 27, 2003 as the release date through AFM Records of their third full-length album, titled The Third Prophecy. The Third Prophecy was mixed at Gothenburg, Sweden's Studio Fredman with producer Fredrik Nordström and is the follow-up to last year's acclaimed The Prophet Of Evil.