Metal News Thread

GENOCIDE (that's my band ;)) has undergone a lineup change. Our drummer has left us, making him the third in a legacy of drummers who never actually drummed in the band....

(hey, at least this one actually turned up for one practise!)

More METALNEWS!!

From metalreviews.com :

"Former MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson has reportedly joined the new project formed by ex-ANTHRAX guitarist Dan Spitz and IRON MAIDEN drummer Nicko McBrain.
The as-yet-unnamed group, who are said to follow an "extremely heavy" musical direction, commenced the recording sessions for their debut album six months ago and have thus far completed the drums and guitars for the effort, with Ellefson set to record the bass tracks early next year. It is presently unclear who will handle the vocal duties in the band, which is not yet believed to have secured a record deal. No further information is available at this time.

Metal Reviews Note: All three of these guys are born again Christians with Nicko only recently "seeing the light" back in the summer. It will be interesting to hear what they come up with. Nicko has recently said that he has no plans to leave Iron Maiden."

MAIDEN NEWS :

IRON MAIDEN will commence the recording process for their new studio album later this month, producer Kevin Shirley has confirmed via his official web site.

"Indeed, we begin recording the new IRON MAIDEN album this month, and while I appreciate [everyone's] e-mails, please rely on the official IRON MAIDEN site for updates and news — I can't and won't be answering those e-mails and questions," Shirley wrote. "Also, do NOT send me artwork, song titles, lyrics or production tips (I love [longtime IRON MAIDEN producer] Martin Birch too, and he was an idol of mine growing up!!!), running orders, messages of hate or love to pass on, etc., etc. I will not pass them on, and I hope you understand that. Perhaps I'll do something on the site after the fact, on the making of the album .... and maybe that'd satisfy you."

IRON MAIDEN's as-yet-untitled new effort is not expected to surface until the summer, at the earliest. In the meantime, the group have announced a host of European dates beginning in late June, including several festival appearances alongside METALLICA.

Sonata Arctica NEWS :

Sonata Arctica Set First Single Off New CD

Finnish melodic metallers Sonata Arctica have set "Victoria's Secret" as the first single off their upcoming full-length effort, "Winterheart's Guild", due on Feb. 22 in Japan and Mar. 17 in Finland. The single itself will precede the album on Feb. 17. "Winterheart's Guild" features a guest appearance by keyboardist Jens Johansson (Stratovarius/ex-Dio) on four cuts. Sonata Arctica recently announced the addition of ex-Silent Voices/Requiem keyboardist Henrik Klingenberg to the group's lineup following the departure of Mikko Harkin in early September.

Originally posted by Symphony
Yeah so Sean was saying. It's Ady.....the guy who had been filling in for our mates DragonForce for a while

Yeah, I picked up the DF connection on their forum...so that's why they sent out that recruitment notice! Oooh boy, if only I was good enough to apply! :lol:

Interesting news about Maiden...I was expecting a May release (and telling everyone it would be so :guh: ) but another month or two won't hurt...too much. That's means even longer wait for the tour though! :cry: also interesting what Kevin had to say about people sending him stuff...I imagine there's a good few poor hopeful buggers who've wasted some good effort there!

Whitesnake reunion!

The former Deep Purple/Coverdale-Page vocalist has been strongly linked to a US arena tour with the Scorpions and Dokken supporting, and the first new album under the Whitesnake name since 1997's 'Restless Heart'. UK and European shows are being lined up for late May, and there will be a new 'best of' Whitesnake album in February.

The only confirmation on the new lineup will be that John Sykes will not be involved. And of course we can rule out John Lord and Ian Paice... :(

Still, exciting news! :D

BALANCE OF POWER have parted company with vocalist Lance King.

The band, who have recruited an as-yet-undisclosed "internationally-known" singer to replace King, have commenced work on the follow-up to "Perfect Balance", due in the spring on Massacre Records in Europe and Avalon Marquee Records in Japan.

Tentatively titled "Heathen Machine", the upcoming CD promises to be a "steamy, inner space exploration, visiting the darker side of our most base emotions," according to an official press release.

Among the cuts set to be included on the effort are "Chemical Imbalance", "Just Before You Leave", "I Wish You Were Here", and "Heathen Machine". The band are forging ahead in their time-honored fashion with songs written by Tony Ritchie and Pete Southern and production duties being handled once again by Lionel Hicks at Pod Studios.

Thanks to Powerplay magazine for the news

Arthemis's New Album

We've completed the pre-production of the new album,we miss only a track and I've just written one song with the heart for all our japanese fans....it is called "THE TRAVELLER" and it is the more catchy and melodic of our third cd titled "Golden Dawn" and I hope all you 'll feel this song as yours....this is our tribute to you all..... Keep the Arthemis Flame Burrrrning!!!!! Faithfully, Andrea Martongelli (ARTHEMIS).

To all ye GRAVE DIGGER fans:
I emailed Chris from Grave Digger last night asking if it was possible for the mighty Grave Digger to play any UK dates this year - specifically pointing out Bloodstock '03... and his reply?

"I hope that we can play this amazing festival.

Alöl the best
Chris"
:):):)