Metal - Radiostations in your country

dcb

nerd
Dec 7, 2008
i recently listened to a great station near santa barbara, california.
they played some new metal, but also some newer alterntative bands that caught my attention, and i was like :
fuck, in germany, where i live, we only have david guetta, akon and usher :puke:

i like all kinds of music, but there is literally no station i could tune in to find some good alternative/metal. everything on the radio is sooo conservative,
nothing that makes you go : holy shit, whats that? i gotta find out, buy the cd etc.... insteda same old shit every fuckin day...

germany (at least northern germany) is lost ... though we have wacken,
we have sooo many people listening to more extreme stuff....

whats it like in your country ? do you have radio stations that you can listen to in the car ?

or : what online radio stations do you listen to to find new bands?

I can't remember hearing any metal on any french radio. There are here and there associative/university radios with a metal program on sundays night between 2 and 3 but rarely more than that.

I never listen to metal radios, I'm always quickly bored by the local or amateur bands they air,I'm pretty sure there would be some great ones in the middle but I don't have the patience anymore to wait for them. I never ever listen to radio, unless I'm driving and get bored. And when I do, it's usually on the classical radio when there is something interesting going on.

I haven't found (haven't really looked for) any straight up metal radio stations, but there's a station called Project 9-6-1 in Atlanta that plays some pretty good alternative rock music (Shinedown, Seether, Three Days Grace, Foo Fighters). I still listen to them online sometimes.

There's a station in CA that plays metal? Do you remember the name/number?

I know of KROQ in the LA area and there's a few random nu-metal type stations but honestly all I get in my area is pop, hip-hop, country, gospel, and glassical.

I detest alt-rock, radio rock, nu-metal, or really anything that would ever be played on the radio ever these days (well, except for classic rock, but those stations are usually 1:5 good:shite), so I stick to Pandora on my phone through the aux input on my car radio!

radio? wuts dat guize? Isn't that some old device our grandpops used?

Marcus: I went to check Pandora and apparently it's now only available in the US. Sucks. I used last.fm a lot years ago, got to know a ton of awesome bands through it, but now it's a paid service and I'm too cheap to pay for radio haha

There's a station in CA that plays metal? Do you remember the name/number?

unfortunately i dont... :-( i hoped youd know the name of the station, haha...

well, i guess most people ignore radio all over the world if they wanna listen to "good" music ? i have for the last 10 years...

Unfortunately, the area that I am in doesn't really boast any good radio stations for metal. In the Northeast, if you are going to find any interesting broadcasts, it's probably going to be on college radio stations. I attended SUNY Purchase, and personally, we had access to fantastic performances featuring both student and professional musicians. Maybe they have an online broadcast? In 2002, Gwar played the school's annual music festival and World Inferno/Friendship Society makes regular appearance every year or so.

Also, White Mice was my first real exposure into the whole avant guard metal scene, I saw them when I was a freshmen. Basically, their whole gig was about being genetically altered lab mice, completely blew my mind.

http://www.myspace.com/whitemice

Also, wiki entry on these guys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_White_Mice

http://www.hellbound.ca/2010/02/into-the-crawlspace-with-the-white-mice/

music_roundup-38336.jpeg