Metal Rules top 50 for 2003

It was a disappointing year thats for sure, but I really like DoD, and it was probably the only release that DIDN'T disappoint me (though I still haven't got Train Of Thought).

Rheingold is a solid album, and just when I start to really get into it, I go back and listen to Excalibur again and it just doesn't hold a candle. Excalibur is fucking incredible. Rheingold is still good, though.

It took a damn long time, but Enemies Of Reality finally got its hooks into me and I started to appreciate it, which is weird since I got into DHIADW from the get go. Solid album with some good stuff, but still disappointing.

heh.

Anders Sandvall
Disappointments
2. Dungeon - A Rise to Power
Standard power metal from Australia. This years second most unnecessary release.

I only have six of them. And out of those 6, my top three would go;
Anthrax - We've Come for You All
Helloween - Rabbith Don't Come Easy
Black Label Soc - The Blessed Hellride

The other three were hardly worth mentioning, so I wont.

phlogiston said:
heh.

Anders Sandvall

Disappointments

2. Dungeon - A Rise to Power

Standard power metal from Australia. This years second most unnecessary release.

What a fucking cockhead. I can think of at least a dozen power metal albums that came out last year that truly ARE standard, and far more unnecessary than ARTP.

Highland Glory - From the Cradle to the Brave. Lame, lame, lame, with the lamest cover art ever.

Seventh Avenue - Between the Worlds. What's worse than your very average power metal album? A very average CHRISTIAN power metal album.

Human Fortress - Defenders of the Crown. Like Grave Digger, but lame.

Insania - Fantasy. Could they get any more generic?

Narnia - The Great Fall. What's worse than your very average power metal album? A very average CHRISTIAN power metal album.

Thunderbolt - Demons and Diamonds. So imaginative, they named their album after an Atari 2600 game.

There was at least a dozen more, but I can't be bothered with them.

Oh I believe you! I've bought a lot of stuff that ain't worth paying for. :lol: