Metal Rules top 50 glam albums list

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
http://www.metal-rules.com/polls/top50glam/top50glam.htm

Not a bad list! Happy to see some Keel there too! (But why not one of their better 2 albums?) Also VERY happy to see Leather Boyz With Electric Toyz there, VERY happy to see 2 Ratt albums in the top 10 (nice to see Dancing Undercover make it too! but where's Detonator? That's their best!), even happier to see 2 Poison albums in the top 6 because most people bag them and LWTCDI and Open Up absolutely ROCK and define LA glam, and great to see Cinderella's debut so high and Kiss' "Asylum" album scrape in! Nice to see Slaughter, Britny Fox, LA Guns and Faster Pussycat's debuts make it as well! (Slaughter's and Britny's 2nd albums are their best tho!)

A few things I'd change...

- Get rid of Theater of Pain, its not a good album... where is Dr. Feelgood and especially Too Fast For Love? Too Fast INVENTED glam metal!
- Why a David Lee Roth solo album in the top 10 yet no Van Halen in the top 50?
- I'd put Whitesnake - 1987 and Def Leppard - Hysteria higher
- GET RID OF GREAT WHITE! Especially Twice Shy, that album blows!
- *Cough* Vinnie Vincent Invasion? HELLOOOO?

Apart from those 5 points - thumbs up from me! :headbang:

Skid Row at #1?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like Skid Row but fucking hell. I agree with troops, the Crue invented glam metal and to not be # 1 or in the top 5 is a fucking insult

Yeah but David Lee Roth's solo album is no more "glam metal" than DLR-era Van Halen is! In fact its less so imo!

And Van Halen are in the same league as Bon Jovi, Whitesnake and Def Leppard really as far as being "glam" or not... and those 3 all made it! Plus they are far more glam than Skid Row! And David Lee Roth's frontman style and Eddie's guitar style are both pioneering and defining elements of glam metal.

Is it just me, or do the comments in the top 10 contradict their placings? Out of the Cellar the greatest glam metal album of all time, they say, yet it's at no. 4.

Look What the Cat Dragged In should be at number 1, no doubt about it.

Oh, and Def Leppard are NOT glam, neither are Bon Jovi or David Lee Roth or Dokken or LA Guns or Whitesnake or GNR or Ozzy Osbourne (???) or probably half the other bands there. Methinks they just figured anything mentioned in Metal Edge et al is glam.

Skid Row rocks :headbang:
Cinderella rocks :headbang:

Leaving New Jersey off the list is sacrilege.