Metal Scene Support

Just an idea, but instead of a 8 or 9 band show once a month or more, have 1 show with 3 bands MAX every week. You could organize it quite well on the board here, or on the Legion website. Bands that want to do that would have a rep from each band put down when they want to play and other bands can join a show. Plan

This would allow each band to play at least once every 3 weeks, extend their sets to about an hour, and get people who go to metal shows to stick around for the whole show instead of copping out after 4-5 bands.

I'd rather hear 3 bands play than 8 bands personally. Having 8 bands is cool because you see and hear so much varied metal, but people may get tired after hearing the same style for 6 hours.

Spme people go to shows with the intention of seeing 1 band. With less bands playing they wouldn't have to sit through 8 bands to see the one they wanted to see.

Every week would saturate the scene. That's what those punker people do! I agree with bands asking other bands to show though. That would be good. As for getting tired. It's metal you can't get tired of Metal bands! If it was 24 hours I think the die hard metallars would still be Thrashing out. I would be!!!

Having a show every two weeks with 3-4 bands seems like an alright idea. It wouldn't be so constant that people would get sick of the bands, because there are hardly any metal shows here anyway, and people tend to seem to enjoy metal shows a great deal, especially at all ages.

A lot of the time people do tend to leave after 3-4 bands, slag's right about that. He's also right about people going to see 1 band at times, if there were only 2 bands before or after the one they want to see, theres a bigger chance of them sticking around and checking them out.

Yep, I think weekly shows might spread the available metal scene support a bit thinly. Not everyone could make a show every week and it doesn't give time to advertise a band line-up and entice much of an audience. A monthly show makes it seem like more of a big event and people (bands and fans) can plan for it more.
I can see what's being said about the amount of bands though. Maybe reducing the amount of bands per show would keep people interested in staying for all the bands and therefore, getting them into new music and growing the scene. Otherwise, people might just turn up for their friend's bands and leave again.
Just my suggestions anyway......hope it helps.